Saturday, March 12, 2011

Telling an old story

Recently Emma pulled out the home movie of her first birthday and it reminded me of all of the funny things that happened that day. I realised there are so many stories that I haven't written down.....so here's one for our memories. :)

like how I snapped her chin with the elasic strap of her birthday hat
how tiny she was and I thought she was so big
she burned her finger on the flame of her candle
her little cheeks just made me want to kiss them, over and over
she loved her cake
wonderful and funny memories


This is a mix of Emma's Shoppe and Neighborhood with a floral stencil by Crafter's Workshop over the yellow gingham - I painted it with Chalkboard paint by DecoArt. I love the really flat black. 


The story is written out on a couple of the cute new journal cards from Crate and tucked behind the photo.


I'm looking forward to looking back through more old photos and deciding what stories I want to record......I worthy endeavor, I think.

Right now I'm playing with a new camera a D7000......so, so excited and thrilled my husband treated me to an upgrade. And I was able to sell my beloved D40 to a friend. It looks like a gorgeous sunny day, so I'm going to try to capture a bit of spring with my lens.

Have a fabulous weekend and thanks for stopping by!




8 comments:

  1. Hi Lucy!
    Very nice LO. I enjou your blog too much.
    Have a nice weekend.
    Caroline (from Brazil)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!! I love the flat black florals too- great counterpoint to the sunny yellow and blue paper backdrop. Love the black twine on the bottom too- every detail counts on this page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW!! I am just loving the black stencil in the background. Flat, but still offering another layer of detail.
    A worthy endeavour indeed to document those memories you don't want to forget.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lucy!!!!
    I just love...is so marvelous ans beautiful too!!!!
    I love the black stencil in the background...look so amazing!!!
    Hugs from Brazil

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Lucy
    How relaxed and Happy you sound in this post, looking back on special moments and the memories they invoke can be good for the soul, and make you appreciate what you have.
    Documenting this is the icing on the cake. Wonderful page Lucy.
    Smiles:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the black stamping against all the light colors! Great work, as usual :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet and beautiful layout! I love the bright and happy papers, especially that yellow gingham. Looks fabulous mixed with the chalk board paint in that cool stencil design. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful. I think I want to try the stencils.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.