Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Hambly Studios - March Guest

Hambly's screen printed overlays have been a fave of mine for a long time, so guest designing for them this month was a real treat for me. :) Thanks, Allison!!

They sent me a fun mixture of papers and transparencies to work with - old and new product, so mix and match was in order.


Love their new printed washi tapes!! This layouts also has a canvas back by CanvasCorp that I misted over a template by Crafter's Workshop.


Stitching through the transparencies and fabric holds it all together and adds a design element as well.


Sweet baby.....look at that tiny face.....I had to do a couple of baby projects with the adorable baby carriages transparencies.


Crochet from The Chip Chop Shop added some great texture and went with the subtle layering of color and designs.


And  a mixed media tag....I collaged tissue paper onto the back of the tag for a pop of transparent color.


And more stitching.


I have a couple more projects and a video to share that I completed with the Hambly products....see you soon with those. And spent some time in the studio painting......some backgrounds and a few sketches so nothing to show yet....it felt really good. :)

8 comments:

  1. Love the way you work with transparency, mask and stitching in the first layout! Awesome!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you did an amazing job with the Hambly!
    Congrats on the guest DT position!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS on the GDT Lucy!!!! These are all GORGEOUS! I loveeeeee the stitching! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love everything in here Luci!!!!
    These are all gorgeus, I love the mask and stitching in use in the LO!!!
    Congrats !!!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on your new DT stint and I love these projects of yours. Awesome and thanks for sharing!.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're so good using those overlays! I have a few, but somehow never know how to work with them... thanks for the inspiration (Oh, and congratulations on the GDT spot!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love hambly! all the layouts are great, and i LOVE the bag. thanks for sharing Lucy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.