Thursday, January 13, 2011

A little update.....

Hi, it's been a little while.....kind of swamped with CHA projects right now......sadly, I won't be attending but my work will be there. I've been covered in paint and textures.....doing a set of mixed media canvases for the DecoArt booth and creating their make and take. Lots of fun but oh, so busy! And then there are Crate and Webster's layouts......speaking of Crate.....

Something I'm really excited about.....Crate is announcing their new DT this week....I'm returning for another term!! So in love with their product! They announced me and some other fabulous ladies on the blog today - along with some random facts about me that you might not know. Crate Paper Blog

And a Crate layouts that I had in reserve, this one means so much to me.


Playing with some of the DecoArt Acrylic Gesso.....this product is incredible....so thick and rich and chalky!!! I simply adhered leftover letters onto the paper and then dry brushed with a coat of gesso - it kind of pulled it all together.


And these butterflies......loving the hybrid, as you know....these are from a collection by Vinnie Pearce - I changed the colors in PSE and printed them out on transparency for a tinted accent.


I wanted to show a peek of my desk earlier this week......even took a photo, then decided it was too scary....lol. No, I am serious. So, I've got to get back to it - I'll try to get a couple of work in progress to share....that aren't too shocking.

See you soon,



13 comments:

  1. Bummer I won't see you this year! :( I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee that lo! That photo is GORGEOUS and loving the butterflies and stitching! And CONGRATS on another term with Crate!! LOVE THEM! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE all the innovation! Beautiful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a gesso addict... amazing, what one can do with that stuff! Your layout is fabulous, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your unique ART!this is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a unique, artsy technique. I can't wait to see the entire layout in all it's glory! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY! Super happy for ya Lucy!

    XOs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is all wonderful work Lucy.
    You are great for inspiration.
    Smiles:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Lucy for the CP DT! I am glad you are still in! I love to see your work

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on another term with Crate. Totally deserved! Hope you come up to breathe soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. you won't be going? GOOD! because I'm not going too. i will be jealous if you are there and i'm stuck doing the school run. hehehehe!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Lucy, that layout is GORGEOUS!
    Loving those butterflies - they work so well with your photo!
    Thank you for the inspiration!
    Kx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the over lays over the lettering ... beautiful. The photo is sweet. Can not wait to see the entire piece.The Deco Arts products add such a fun element.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.