Wednesday, January 26, 2011

ChipArt Angel

I did some free lance work for GCD Studios recently. I had the opportunity to create some videos demonstrating their ChipArt Tool. There are 5 total if you are looking for tips or want to learn more about the ChipArt Tool....which is great, btw!

ChipArt Tool Videos

My favorite piece I created was for the video Beyond Chipboard - I used a wooden board and embossed wings to decorate my angel painting. I thought I would share the process and some photos with you today. This piece was inspired by Tam's class Art, Heart and Healing......she worked on an angel in the last week of the class with dimensional wings - hers were created with texture pastes and paint....really gorgeous.



I used lots of DecoArt products here - Americana Acrylics to paint the angel. Her face feels a little sad to me, but I didn't really intend it that way. ;)


Beyond Chipboard - GCD ChipArt Tool - Angel Painting from lucy edson on Vimeo.



I embossed the wings with the ChipArt Tool first and then painted with gold metallic paint and then mixed glazing medium with dark brown acrylic paint to antique the wings. (all by DecoArt)


Check out the fabulous shiny finish.....this is Triple Thick finish by DecoArt.....it reminds me of an epoxy finish.


Emma loved this project and asked if we could put 'her' angel in her room.....high praise, indeed.

Have a wonderful day and thanks for stopping by! :)



7 comments:

  1. Oh this is Beautiful!!! I have been so wanting to purchase this tool and now I know I have to have it!!!

    STUNNING LUCY!!!!

    Wishing you a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking about getting this tool and now I can see why- the projects are FABULOUS! That angel painting is really inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your angel turned out so sweet and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my heaven and stars, what an beautiful, beautiful angel. You really need to create more of these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Lucy!!! You have so many talents!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog, Lucy.
    Your angel is GORGEOUS!
    Thank you again for the inspiration!
    Kx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.