Thursday, December 9, 2010

Handmade Holiday's

I had the privilege of guesting on the very talented Julie Balzar's blog yesterday. She is hosting a a series of projects called Handmade Holiday's and I was delighted to be included.

My project was making Canvas Fabric Paper and creating handmade stitched ornaments. Here's a video of how I created the Canvas Fabric Paper.


Ornaments made from Canvas Fabric Paper from lucy edson on Vimeo.

And some close-ups of my project:




Happy Holiday Crafting! :)

*******Mariam asked a question about my layout for the Crate Color Challenge - wondering if the butterflies were die cuts.......they are actually some by Heidi Swapp on heavy transparencies from several years ago. Thanks for asking!

5 comments:

  1. Great tutorial Lucy. I love the texture layers provide and sparkling glitter paint makes this a spectacular ornament for your Christmas tree.

    Having faced and defeated my sewing machine phobia, I feel like I could sew one too.

    I can see why your daughter got excited about the onaments.

    Peace and Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Lucy,
    Please let me introduce myself, I am Susan from New Zealand, I found your blog and tutorial while I was surfing, I just loved the way you did the heart, I think I am going to enjoy following you and getting to know you, pop over sometime and visit me.
    I will call in often.
    Smiles:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello lucy, I loved seeing your tutorial on Julie's blog. I was wondering if you could explain to me what the substance is that you mixed with the paint to keep the fabric soft? I'm not sure what it is you said you used. I loved the ornament! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, that is awesome. Merry christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lucy! Just found your blog! I really like how you use other elements. Your blog is wonderful. I am inviting you to drop in at my other blog:
    http://rusticpixelbackgrounds.blogspot.com/
    This is a blog I created with free backgrounds which I'm sure you'd find useful for your digital scrapbooking too. Enjoy! Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.