Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Christmas is in the air....

It's beginning to feel like Christmas....especially with the week of Winter Wonderland coming up at inspireMe for Webster's Pages next week!!

This week the designers are sharing some Christmas layouts using Waiting for Santa and Sweet Season - Karola and I are sharing today with layouts created with Waiting for Santa. I took a hybrid approach on mine with lots of digital details from Webster's Digi papers. Webster's is also having a special Digi Launch with fun prizes and a guest designer...check it out! There's a monthly challenge that you won't want to miss!


The pine branches are from the Waiting for Santa Digi Elements - I resized and printed them onto transparency to fit them wherever I wanted.


The background music paper is from the paper collection, as are the journaling cards.


I got a little fancy and used the magic extractor tool in PSE to extract the roses from the Webster's Digi paper and printed it over the patterned paper - I lined everything up - similar to a digital layout to see where they should go before printing - a pretty cool effect, I think. ;)


I also twisted two strands from the tinsel card - it made a festive banner over the edge of the photo.


I also made the photo hybrid, too - by layering the script paper over the photo and changing the adjustment layer to screen - also a Florabella Action here, to pop the contrast.


Thanks for letting me share a little bit of Christmas spirit with you today! Hope to see you at the Winter Wonderland!


7 comments:

  1. Just beautiful Lucy!!! I adore the pic and the colors work so perfectly!!!

    Wishing you a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work. Thankyou for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another beautiful work of art Lucy! Hummm, maybe I'll give this digi thing a try. Thanks for inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the christmas spirit, it came right through the computer screen ;)
    Love how you describe your creative process, the 'flowers' on clear sheets are great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lucy
    I didnt even know that Websters had a digi range... there you go!!
    I am a story writer for gingerscrapstreet, its a new digi magazine launching in January.
    My first story is in March and about hybrid scrapping. I would love to use your layout.....
    If you could please email me on jodi@scrapstreet.com or j_dolbel@bigpond.net.au that would be great! Thanks so much

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.