Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Webster's Contest and aRt

Something a little painty and distressed playing with some Webster's. I'll be the first to admit that this is not my typical Webster's layout, but sometimes it's good to mix things up a bit. Kind of an art journal style layout.



Loving this sweet wire edge butterfly and flower from the new Webster's Pages Bouquets

I even painted the trim...he he......it was a soft yellow and I needed some black for contrast - a bit of DecoArts Americana Lamp Black Acrylic did the trick!


Lots of fun layers - dry brushed with gesso and edged with water soluable Wax Crayons......for some messy, smeary fun. That's how I colorized the paper too.


And a FABULOUS contest for Webster's Fans!!! Click on the photo below to check out the contest details and enter your layout! Good luck!



I have my copy of Artful Blogging and wow!! I'm so excited, can't wait to share my article - I'll do it later this week. :)



11 comments:

  1. OMG!
    I'm stuck here and fascinated with this page
    I'm is passionate, a true work of art on paper!
    Every day I'm more a fan of your work !!!!!!!!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, not a typical Webster's page, but oh my, some of us have been waiting to see Webster's Pages used this way, I know I have!!!! I've always thought these papers wouldn't suite my style, but you've definitely proved me wrong here! Fantastic page!
    Have a wonderful day!
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  3. ABSOLUTELY gorgeous Lucy! You amaze me! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really, really fabulous, Lucy...and I agree with the other comments that say it ROCKS to see Webster's used in this way...adore it, especially the crayon-work and how the white blends into the blue a bit at the top right corner! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a wonderful project!!! love your photo and the colors and techniques you used!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the colors...kind of ecletic! All the embellies are great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE....wow this is breathtaking...what talent you have....I love it!!!!

    Can you teach me....please!!!

    Love you girlie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, Lucy, what a FABULOUS work here....very inspiring!!!!!! Hugs, Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is amazing Lucy! I LOVE all of it, the messy look, the layers, that photo...everything!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous Lucy!!!
    Love all the elements you've done on the page!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.