Monday, November 22, 2010

More.....let me grow

When I saw the November sketch for the Crate blog - I just had to laugh....I had a layout in process that was almost the sketch to a T....Emily does a wonderful job designing these sketches and we had a little laugh about 'great minds'....lol.

I wanted to create a layout about what I was currently doing....just a moment in time so no photos on this one - I took a digital frame set and used photos of the book, class and current magazine I've been focused on.


My journaling...if you want to read it.....and a close-up of the DecoArt Texture Crackle Paint on the chipboard frame - this is Terra Cotta. Seriously, I can't rave about this product enough....the ease of use, colors, price point....amazing!!! I also thinned down some DecoArt Americana Acrylics - in White Wash and just let it drip...a nice effect, I think. :)


Lots of mix and match going on here from Crate Paper - School Days, Restoration and an older background from Brook.


Look at the incredible color on this doily from the Chip Chop Shop.....so vibrant!!



We had a really busy weekend....gymnastics recital....it was fun, but I'm glad it's over. Thanksgiving is really right around the corner, so a short week for us. Only 2 days of school for Em and then a little break over the holiday. I'm looking forward to that.

Happy Monday to you all!


4 comments:

  1. I love this page Lucy, the yellow is so brigth! Perfect mix of colors! Beijos ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT layout, Lucy!! LOVE the colors!!!

    XXXJenneke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this one Lucy!!! The journaling is awesome!!!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful page and I'm also digging the thinned-out-paint trick.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.