Thursday, November 18, 2010

Drama - Scraplift

My dear friend, Steph, allowed me to lift her layout, 'Shy' for a jumping off point for my layout. I loved the paint and lines she used so I lifted those elements and embellished some on my own. I just got the new Webster's Pages Digital Papers and Elements and added them into this page. The frames are from the Life's Portraits elements and I extracted some leaves and vines from Hollywood Vogue. The patterned papers are from Waiting for Santa.


Here's Steph's gorgeous layout:


I printed the digital elements onto transparency and cut them out - they really don't show as much as they do in these photos - it was hard to photograph it without a glare.


I painted over the gold leaves from the Webster's Pages Bouquets with DecoArt Craft Twinkles in Galaxy Blue - look at that sparkle!


I also played with a fabulous product by DecoArts.....their Texture Crackle Paint!!! I sealed the paper first with DecoArts Americana Acrylic Sealer, this prevented the cardstock from buckling and kept the crackle paint from soaking into the paper. Then, I painted the Tuscan Red Texture Crackle Paint over the top....the crackle is gorgeous and there is SO much in a jar....you will be blown away!!!


I love playing with hybrid products.....would anyone be interested in learning more about that? I was thinking about a video class series. I was just curious to gauge the interest level.

Hope you are having a wonderful week! Take a deep breath and just be.

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work Lucy! She's beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning layout Lucy, WOWZAH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh i really love the color. that's amazing!

    Felicitas from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful LO! I love the fact that there is texture here even though digital elements were used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Abslutely a stunning layout Lucy!
    Wow!Love all the little details, that crackle paint is so cool!
    Would love to know how on hybrid products!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowwww Lucy, this is really amazing layots, fantastic.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.