Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Photos onto Patterned Paper - Pt. 2

Just sharing some close-ups of my other project from last week's video - Printing Photos onto Patterned Paper. Here I used the same technique as before - a light coat of gesso (or acrylic paint) over patterned paper and then printed my photo - this time, I made the photo a little more graphic and cut it into a tag shape.


Lots of yummy Crate Paper, here.....from Restoration, Paper Doll and School Days. I love mix and match!The hybrid elements are from Parisian Anthology by Hof3. I love the look and dimension it adds layered over the splattered paint.


A detail shot of the photo:

I printed another photo onto a transparency to give this a translucent effect. And some random machine stitching to hold a few things together.


All in all, a successful combination of mixed media and scrapbooking, I think. :) This makes me really happy as that is something I am trying to work on.

Have a great rest of your week!

 

11 comments:

  1. I love this collection!
    Lindo Lucy! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I just love the layering! This crate paper line is just so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look of the wood paper with the pops of white paint and black twine/rub-ons, etc. Fabulous look and gorgeous gesso/pp/photo technique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh, Lucy. This is BEAUTIFUL. Man. You are on a roll with the breathtaking this week...

    ReplyDelete
  5. wowwwwwww, this is so beatiful, a love restoration collection, is my prefered from CHA.
    Thank you Lucy for ispire us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is sooooo amazing! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely technique!
    Thanks for sharing Lucy and I just wanna tell u how much I love this layout! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my goodness... this is fabulous! I absolutely love the printed photos - the one on the tag looks great, but the one on the transparency is just amazing. I can easily imagine this layout in the next Sommerset Memories!! A great mixed media piece of art indeed :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.