Thursday, October 28, 2010

Meaningful Journaling - Part 2

I guess this has been on my mind longer than I thought....lol. It's funny how you will keep getting messages from things around you when you open yourself up to change. This was a message from myself.....I did this over a month ago and had kind of forgotten. I filled the lined paper from Crate's School Days with journaling about how her smile can brighten my days....simple, I know but this really incorporated the journaling into the design for me.

 I combined lots of different lines - you know I love mix and match - Crate Paper: Snow Days, Paper Doll, embellishments from Book and Snow Days....then some crochet pieces from the Chip Chop Shop.


This misting is one of my own mixes - Luminarte Pigment Powder and Rose Madder ink.....so intense and gorgeous. The transparencies are some I printed from a Hof3 digi brush to keep the circle elements going.


*****I really appreciate the great responses to my question about creative journaling idea - one thing that I really loved was to keep a journal on hand to record those things you want to tell about later. Ok, so simple and obvious, but wow!! I think that will really help me to create more meaningful journaling. Thanks!!*****

Crate is doing a give-a-way in response to this idea - check it out for your chance to win some Crate goodies!!

And I've been working on my painting and it feels so good.....had some incredible revelations this week....been spending some quality family time......had a couple of magazines arrive......and we're ready for Halloween in this house! Busy but wonderful! Wishing the same for you. :)


11 comments:

  1. OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, this is so pretty...I just adore it!!!

    Wishing you a wonderful day Lucy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh how beautiful is this layout...and how beautiful is your daughter what a superb photo and totally awesome journalling too! i love your handwriting Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucy - I just wanted to pop over and tell you how much I LOVE this LO and your unconventional journaling! LOVE it! And thanks for the tip on the Chip Chop shop - I just bought some doilies from there!! Love their colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. looooooooove that rich colour in the background and all perfectly added elements!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous page, Lucy! Love that photo and love the combo of papers you used. Your misting is fabulous, and the journaling......well that journaling is fabulous and totally inspiring me to do the same.
    Hope you have a wonderful Halloween weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucy...
    Just saw your Spring collage from Holidays and Celebrations and fell in love with it. I would like to do something ith a Christmas theme.

    Would you mind telling me what type of board you used for that project?

    I am a novice at crafts. This will be a first for me.

    Thank you so much,
    Cindy
    treasuresinmyheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my this is so gorgeous!

    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love everything about this page, Lucy!!! And your dd is just the cutest!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea to use journaling as a background paper ... it looks fantastic and is meaningful both at the same time. I think I might use that idea if you don't mind... Simply gorgeous!
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.