Friday, October 1, 2010

The Kiss with Handmade Flowers

Some days the poses just keep getting better.....I heard, "How 'bout this, Mom?'....and spotted this face....to funny. I loved it with the die cut from Hollywood Vogue from Webster's Pages and I punched it up with some handmade flowers and a pop of red, oh, and some misting, too.

This month we have a wonderful guest at Webster's Pages, Patti Hamil, who is a sweetheart! I first met Patti at CHA last year when she recognized me on the floor. If you get the chance, check out her gallery at inspireMe and see what she did for us this month! This layout was inspired by her use of die cuts and flowers. Thanks for the inspiration, Patti!


So, about the flowers - they were going to be a video I created for Shimmerz, but I'm no longer on the Ed Team due to time constraints, so I'll share a bit with you here. I took old phone book pages and painted over them, then punched out lots of little flowers, then layered and mashed them up a bit....I love the bits of text peeking through.





Blogger made some nice changes, I just noticed! Now you can make your pictures larger - easily and uploading is simpler, too. Nice!!
I'm going to leave you with a quote that really spoke to me this week from Meagan Francis:

These moments seem small, maybe even inconsequential. But moments they add up to an hour, a day, a year, a lifetime. Really, they’re everything.

Enjoy the rest of your moments this week. :)


16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous page! Love the flowers, and the colors and layers are simply superb :)

    Great quotes - I think I will print that one out :) Thanks!

    Cheers!
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! This is gorgeous, Lucy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous Lucy! But your work always is!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those flowers are to DIE for!!! Seriously, how did you do them?!! amazing, completely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - this is stunning! I just love the design of this page and the homemade flowers are stunning! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous photo and the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. really gorgeous...what a great idea using phone books....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just beautiful Lucy. The flowers are divine.
    The photo! Too cute. I hope when my DD turns 5 she will also give me some nicer poses.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lucy - I love your flowers! Beautiful work :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That little angel is SOOO cute!!! And the flowers look great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am in love with this layout! Totally captivating and stunning!
    How can you load the changes from blogger.. I noticed you got bigger size pics on your blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those flowers are just amazing, Lucy!! I can't wait to try them! Did you use different sized punches or are they all the same?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Be-au-ti-ful!!
    LOVE that photo and the flowers1

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those shimmered-up flowers look awesome, and I love the alpha-masking too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your projects are beautiful! I'm excited to find a fellow "Shabby Girl" :) I'll drop by often to visit you, do come visit me too! :)

    Hugs,
    Viola
    www.violamahr.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.