Thursday, August 26, 2010

My Heart

These two make my heart so happy.

I love the daisies in the WonderFall line from Webster's - they are so fresh and sunny. I added some brown chalk inking around the background to add some contrast. Oh, and we're having a chat tonight at inspireMe: 9PM EST Hope you can join us.






***********************************************************************************
Jocelyn asked where you could buy - Delight - the air dry clay I used to make the buttons (here). It is available at most hobby stores, like Michaels and I have also used the kids Crayola air dry modeling clay (Model Magic) with similar results - it's so fun to work with!
************************************************************************************


Em's first days at school have been great - she told me her first day was the best day of her entire life and her teacher is the best teacher in the whole school. So sweet. I just wanted to thank those of you who asked about her. :)

I guess that's it for now, I'm exhausted...I'm not really an early moring person and this school schedule is killing me! lol



9 comments:

  1. Hihi Lucy, I'm so not a morning person either and I'm not looking forward to getting up early again starting next week!!! Although I am looking forward to getting back into our regular routine... I'm glad to hear Emma is enjoying her time at school. My girls are actually looking forward to going back as well ... my son isn't LOL.
    I love your LO! The inking for adding some contrast looks terrific, it's the perfect touch! And how about that picture, soooooo pretty and sweet!
    Love xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lucy for letting me know where to get the clay.....Now I have to make a trip to Michaels!!!

    LOVE that LO....it is just stunning...the colors, the detail and that pic....priceless!!!

    So glad that Em loves school and she had the best day of her life...I wish many more days like this for her!!! Love ya girlie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful LO, Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful as always Lucy! Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks Lucy for your encouraging words in my last post! I am so thankful. I love this beautiful LO, it captures the essence of their precious relationship. The love, the bond! Love it! And I like the brown background, with pops of white.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucy... what a wonderful LO. Love the daisies! Your art is always inspiring!
    hugs
    Rosana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Love how the dark background makes everything else pop out so nice! Wonderful picture too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not a morning person either, so with school starting again it is busy.But I enjoy the time I have crafting ;)
    My son has had his best day ever at school and his teacher is the best too..I think that might turn in a couple of weeks ;)
    I love your layout! That inking is great and that photo is beautiful, so is your title!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.