Thursday, August 12, 2010

Garden Fresh

One of my favorite summer loves is garden fresh veggies and freshly washed from the rain - what could be better? Last year my husband put in a small raised bed in our backyard. He and my daughter enjoyed working together, planting, watering and harvesting.


I've had these great photos printed for a while, waiting for the perfect papers to match - and the August kit, from the Paper Poppy, certainly did that!


I wanted to make the title pop a bit off the strawberry, so I misted the letters with the Maya mist from the kit and let them dry before applying. It gave a great watercolor effect and didn't warp the letters at all.



And a couple of photos I took off my camera this morning.....we'll be home in a few days and it has been so wonderful. :)


The dunes have captured my attention this trip....so natural Florida and starkly beautiful.




12 comments:

  1. Wow Lucy another amazing LO.I was thinking to use those papers today,great inspiration!!!
    Enjoy your last days of vacations!! I`ve been to Florida a couple of weeks ago!
    Luzma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing my friend!!! I just love your work! You are such an inspiration to me!!! Love the photos too!!! Beautiful!!! Hope the rest of your vacation is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page and I love Emma rain coat. Have a great vacation!
    Love you guys!!
    Gayle

    ReplyDelete
  4. simply adorable!!! the Lo is great and the photo of you + your little one is fantastic, congrats!
    1 Huge Hug, Julia Sáddi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was born and raised at the beach, so your pics makes my heart jump! Beautiful! The layout is gorgeous too, the colours are amazing and I love the green and pink (don't know the proper name in english...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the LO and the pics are Fabulous!!!! The beach is such a wonderful place to be!!! I find it to be so relaxing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've fallen behind in keeping up with my blogs but I love all your posts with the Crate Paper lines and the Websters lines. And this page is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohh I really like this layout. I love the blue background and the greens and the pinks. And the turtle!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous page Lucy, so fresh and bright! And of course - stunning photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful LO, so bright and fresh, perfect papers and colours for those pictures. And that picture of you and Emm ... wow, stunning!
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.