Thursday, July 1, 2010

This Girl

It's kind of nice, I'm seeing a side of myself that's been gone for a long time. I've struggled with my weight for most of my adult life and finally decided to start getting healthy, for me and my family. I'm down 30 lbs and feel that is a reason to celebrate seeing 'this girl' again.

I loved this palette from The Color Room this week - candy colors!!



I will be the first to admit that this is not what I see in the mirror every morning. lol It's a good angle and perspective, and a good goal to shoot for as I have at least 20 to go.


Used some Crate Paper Doll Collection on this layout - the colors went perfectly with the palette. Prima flowers and some punched Hambly rub-ons and transparencies. I think the black stitching provided a good accent. Oh and the silver leaves..those are an embossed stamp, one from Lable Tulip, I think.


Here's the palette for your inspiration!


Thanks for the anniversary wishes this week! And the congrats on making the Crate Paper Team....I'm still over the moon!

10 comments:

  1. You are LOOKING AWESOME Lucy!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee this!! LOVING all the stitching! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gorgeous girl! Great lo and congrats on the DT and anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have spent a lot of time in my life being unhappy with my weight also, after I had my only boy Nate at 38 (he is 3.5 now) I just really put it on. I am on a healthy regime now and have lost about 5kgs. Not sure what that is in pounds, need to do a layout just like this, to get some things out of my head and on to paper. Great therapy, happy anniversary. Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great LO and you look Fabulous!!!!!

    Love the colors and all the details!!!

    Wishing you a wonderful Holiday weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my you look great!!! I love all the things you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucy....20 more pounds and you'll be too skinny! You look beautiful!!!!! Love this page, the colors are beautiful. I can't wait to start playing with this week's palette!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the weight loss. You look wonderful! Love all the embellishing you did on the LO.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful page, Lucy! I love that color palette and I adore your design. A huge congrats on losing all that weight too! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photo, lovely LO.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow ! how awesome you've lost 30 lbs already , Lucy! definitely looking good here ! way to go !!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.