Thursday, July 8, 2010

Layout Construction Tips Using Helmar Adhesives

Helmar Adhesives has a fun contest going this month, to create a video showing some tips or a tutorial using their products, so I used the opportunity to show a simple tutorial on layout construction, because the right glue for the job really makes a difference.



I've been in love with the Seaside collection from Webster's ever since I saw the peeks before winter CHA and have been wanting to think of a unique way to use the gorgeous burnt orange vellum sheet. I cut some circles with my Slice and trimmed out some of the patterned part to mix it all up a bit, as you can see here.




I used the V2 Vellum Adhesive for the vellum and it worked perfectly! Pop Dots for the journaling card add a bit of dimension. And the easy to use Glue Runner made this a mess free project.


The Gemstone glue made applying a flat back button effortless and the Premium Craft Glue left no show through with the Fabric Fancy or Fabric Ribbon trim.



And I shot it in my newly cleaned studio (at least the cleaned corner), so you can see a bit of where I work this time. Thanks for watching!

11 comments:

  1. That is soooo pretty. So soft and just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy, first of all to tell you how much I enjoyed your video....TFS!!!
    Secondly,your layout is simply amazing...
    By the way you studio looks awesome...at least the cleaned part ;-))))) Hugs, Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to get me those Vellum Adhesives!!!!! I glue everything with Glossy accents LOL!!!
    Thanks for the tips, Lucy;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Lycy
    Beautiful LO, I loved.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your video girl!! And your LO is awesome of course :) I don't think I'll post mine now LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing Video!!! I really enjoyed!!!!!! Beautiful lo!!! They always so Gorgeous!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the video...thanks so much for sharing with us!!!

    That LO is just stunning...love all the papers and colors and the pic...PERFECT!!!

    Wishing you a great one!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love your tute on the adhesives, I actually did not know about the spray adhesive, and wow how amazing, the things I can do with it, I am going to get some, I loved your tute and you have done an awesome job, good for you. Love love the gorgeous layout you created to. Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoyed the tutorial on your beautiful LO! Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so cute :-) Love what you did with the vellum and the LO - gorgeous! and your studio looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great video! And this is a beautiful LO...love how you used the Seaside :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.