Friday, July 30, 2010

Bloom

I've been learning a lot about color from the palettes at The Color Room. Some seem so unlikely to my eyes, but the combinations can be stunning! Take this week's palette - lavender, dusty coral, chocolate and ivory - now I would never put lavender and coral together - but it works.



I loved Lydell's sketch - I immediately imagined a patchwork heart. So simple to do with a square punch and faux pen stitching.




I've been working on lots of stuff this week.....more to come soon. I've been loving the CHA photos I've been seeing - Sassafras, Parisian Anthology by Pink Paislee, the Jeni Bowlin butterflies, canvas embellishments, more banners everywhere, but seriously I think Crate and Webster's have has the best releases this season....I am slightly biased, of course. lol What do you think?

7 comments:

  1. Oh Lucy! You are doing such wonderful things. Love the details and loooove you put into it! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. this layout is fabulous Lucy! Love ALL your intricate details .. beautiful ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my..that patchwork heart is so beautiful Lucy!!!This is so awesome again. All those little details and that photo is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I should play over at the color room more - I'm not much of a palette player but it challenge me to try it again. I LOVE your quilted heart - fantastic!!! And I'm off to take a look at the new CHA releases you mentioned...I haven't seen much of it yet. Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right Lucy, the colours work beautifully! I love that patchwork heart, and your detailed work is yet again amazing me.
    Enjoy the weekend!
    Love xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute and the colosr are amazing !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am still working through this combo of colors. I really want to get myself out of my usual colors. Let's see if I can take time to do 1 this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.