Thursday, April 29, 2010

My Delight

Palette 4 at The Color Room just went up and it has one of my favorite colors - orange! I immediately knew I wanted to use the gorgeous orange and browns from Crate Paper - Pink Plum.

I love this photo - it has a really natural feel to it and shows how big Em is getting.


Here's the palette - hope you get a chance to play along. :)



It's been a really long week for me personally. My grandpa passed away in the nursing home, we've spent a lot of time there and the funeral was yesterday. So sad for my dad. This was my last living grandparent and it's hard to imagine that part of your life gone. But I know he is at peace and we wanted that for him. Not to sound maudlin but it is just a part of life we all face.

Take care and I'll be back this weekend for a fun NSD challenge from Crate.

Lucy

13 comments:

  1. wow... the colors are just great... you are the right person for these Crate papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry for your loss Lucy!!!! that is truly a beautiful lo!! i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that photo! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi lovely Lucy.I`m so so sorry for your loss but I`m sure he`s so happy and in peace right now,you`ve to take care of your dad because he must be so sad.I`ll have both on my prayers!
    Your design is gorgeous and I looove the pic of your dd!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about your grandpa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry about your grandfather. I just lost my last grandparent recently, too. It is hard to believe that that part of my life no longer exists only in my memories. I will pray for peace and comfort for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous lo! I love this color palette! My favorite is orange too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry for your loss Lucy! It's been 18 years since my grandmother passed and not a day goes by when she is not in my thoughts. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Lucy love the color selection. I am shocked we just talked yesterday and things were going in such a different direction. I know he now is in a much better place and you rest much more easily with his passing. Love you,

    Gayle

    ReplyDelete
  9. sorry to hear about your Grandpa Lucy.
    I love the colour combination, great layout too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Lucy, I'm sorry for your loss! Huge hugs to you!
    I love your layout.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry about your grandpa.....I love this pallete!!!

    You are in my thoughts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry to hear about your grandpa Lucy, but like you said, he is at peace now. My granddad passed away in a nursing home as well.
    The LO is beautiful, and you're right, Em is getting so big. It's fun to watch her grow through your LO's.
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.