Sunday, April 11, 2010

Fabric Mixed Media Book

I love creating mixed media books - this is one I created earlier this year where I combined all of my favorites - fabric, paint, flowers, papers, transparencies....the list goes on.

I fell in love with the Hambly dress form line of printed transparencies and rub-ons immediately and really wanted to work with them - thank you, Allison!!

The cover is a Hamby overlay and then layered with fabric paper, stitching, rub-ons and some gorgeous Prima flowers.

This spread had lace and doilies - Shimmerz Spritz misted batting and more Hambly.

I found this fabulous old magazine in my stash and thought the Diamond Dye ad fit perfectly - the background is collaged dress maker tissue painted over with Shimmerz Paint - Hottie Pink and then some vintage buttons from my grandma and more Hambly.



A tag I made using Shimmerz Spritz, stamping and a Hamby rub-on. I stitched it on leaving it poking out the side.

I love recycling stuff from old projects - the page on the left is part of a card I made that I layered over black corduroy and added some lace and Prima flower. On the right - An Angelina collage piece with stamped images on the Angelina Film - then layered over upholstery fabric and a few extra embellishments.



Painted canvas fabric and then a envelope to hold some stitching tips.

When I was making the dress form masked video, I ended up with several extras and quilted this one and added some Hamby lace doily rub-ons.

The back cover - of course, I had to decorate it, too. The bottom layer is the quilted background from the dress form on the previous page - layered with a heavy chipboard bingo card to add some stability and then gesso painted muslin with a Hambly rub-on, finished with some little bits and Prima.

Thanks for holding out through this long post - hope you enjoyed it! :)

Lucy

20 comments:

  1. Lucy, this so gorgeous my dear. Absolutely breathtaking...I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is gorgeous lucy!!! i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee all the dress forms! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so amazing and a total feast for the eyes! I can only imagine how fun it would be to actually touch it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so talented girl!! You put so much detail in your work. Admire your designs!!

    Hugs
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucy this is gorgeous you clever thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW that's just awesome, so much work in it, but so worth it. absolutely stunning book Lucy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG.. you´re such an artist girl. This is just stunning and all the work you put into this makes me speechless! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh My Gravy....this is stunning!!!! I ADORE IT!!!

    Have a great week sweet friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an amazing book!!!! So much details in it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulousness, of COURSE! :)
    I especially love the vintage ads and the colors of yellow and chartreuse you chose to use...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. well Lucy u know what i will be making for the next few weeks!!

    BEAUTIFUL, beautiful, BEAUTIFUL

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh This is just stunning!!
    You have inspired me to do some mixed media. I've been too scared!
    Absolutely gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am speechless! This is just amazing - I love everything about it, Kristin xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's absolutely STUNNING!!!

    XXXJenneke

    ReplyDelete
  15. you rock my world, Lucy. nuff said.

    ReplyDelete
  16. owwwww Lucy!!! this is breathtaking!! absolutely gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your work is soo gorgeous!!
    I love the layout and the album!!
    Thanks for sharing Lucy!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.