Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Color Room - Palette #2

The first week has been amazing at The Color Room - so many amazing entries for the first palette and now something new for this week - His Room:




This was a palette that I immediately thought - what can I do with this? More neutral than I usually use and not my favorite colors, but I'm up for a challenge. And I ended up really loving the result. Now, if it was just for me, I would have to add a bit of the rusty red to make the door stand out, but, that's me.


If you kind of squint your eyes you can see that I started working with the sketch, but it went it's own way - the blue toile background is fabric and then some accents from my stash. The stamp on the tree is from Paperbag Studios. One of my goals - to start using my stamps more!

This week has flown by! I've been spending a lot of time outside with Emma, the weather has been so beautiful. And scrapping with some gorgeous CRATE!!

Have a great weekend!

Lucy

11 comments:

  1. Your Lo is wonderful and lovely, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh I love that color combo!!! And this is JUST GORGEOUS Lucy!!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeee that little bird! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a wonderful LO!!!! Love the colors. I know what you mean, but you did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool, Lucy ! love your unique take with these masculine colors ! & I'm with you on adding the rusty red too ! lol


    What a roaring start the Color Room is off ! Huge Congrats !!!
    I'll need a little think about this one ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucy, amazing take on the color palette! I just love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Lucy....so beautiful and I love this color combo...I am so doing this one!!!

    Have a great weekend!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful. Those ARE tough colours to work with.
    By the way, have I told you how much I like your blog header? It's gorgeous. (I think I might have said this already!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a gorgeous palette and your layout is so beautiful Lucy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. your beautiful LO!! I'm in love with him, for me it is special!
    the fabric was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love this page, Lucy! Love how you used those colors....which are right up my alley, by the way. I am a neutral-lovin' gal, and that brown and black were really calling me. ;) Love the fabric on here, and the stamp on that tree is so unexpected and fun and oh, so cool! Amazing job on this, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this layout! So many details and the colors are wonderful! Great take on the color challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.