Sunday, March 7, 2010

Stay

I mentioned in a previous post about reading The Artistic Mother by Shona Cole and one of the things she suggests is keeping a poetry journal. Now, I have never tried to write poetry before but thought I would give it a shot. Trying to capture a moment without a photo. I kind of like it. :)

Stay

Stay....just a little bit longer, you say.
Stay my little girl, just a little bit longer, I think.
Can we do this forever, you ask?
Yes, I answer with all my heart.
Stay, I'll stay and watch you fall asleep.

Our nighttime ritual - once an aggravation, now a precious time of secrets and hugs. I want to hold onto that moment forever.

Give that sleeping child a kiss for me and thanks for letting me share my heart this morning.
Lucy

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful Lucy....just so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet, Lucy! Great idea, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I so relate, gorgeous poem. they grow up so fast.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey stranger! I love it, you should totally keep a poetry journal! I used to love writing it myself, thx for the inspo girl :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is glorious girl! Love it :D Hugs Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  6. you're making me cry, Lucy. in a good way. i need to dispense more hugs and kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, it's beautiful. And they DO grow so fast. My baby is now 20!!!! Gosh, where does the time go and I so wish I had been scrapping when they were small to document the everyday moments. I don't really have that many pictures of them young, it's sad. Love the poem and enjoy the moments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is so inspiring... i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well you nailed that one. I am sitting here with tears in my eyes. I've been trying to appreciate those little moments a lot more with my daughter...they go by so fast.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i will stay with you Lucy. this is beautiful ;)-luv,jaz

    ReplyDelete
  11. yes, i am crying too! my little girl is 9 & it's going by just too fast.
    for a first endeavor, your poem is great. be proud you posted it....:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another here whose a bit teary-eyed and going up to go kiss her sweeties one more time before bed...thanks, Lucy, this is what I needed today.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.