Monday, March 1, 2010

Reading & Scrapping

I've been scrapping and reading this weekend.....a fun weekend for me. A guest DT lift for Webster's was due and I pulled out some of the Lullabye Lane and embellished with Garden Gala......my little poser. What a sight.


I painted under the paper blocks before stitching with Shimmerz paint in Celery - it added a lot of depth and a touch of color.


What is it about flower clusters that are so appealing? I just love everything girly, I guess.



I've been reading this: The Artistic Mother.....Shona has great tips for inspiring your creativity and fitting it into your lift.....there is a group starting up based on her book that I joined.....if you are interested it starts March 6 - The Artistic Mother Group.

And a new personal goal.....40 Days to Personal Revolution. I've started a daily yoga and meditation practice again....already feeling the results of a calmer mind and better focus, after the first week. This book is excellent, IMO.



Lot's of new stuff in the works - I'm guesting at Tally Scrapper this month......just waiting for my kit and making myself a schedule for Somerset publications.....gotta get busy this week. :)

Happy Monday everyone!
Lucy

15 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the shout out.

    Trudy of The Artistic Mother Group

    www.artisticcreationswithtrudy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing LO!! I love the new Westers can't wait to get my hands on it. I will have to find these reads. Thanks for the inspo.
    Hugs
    jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous!!!
    I'm gearing up for the new papers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just adore this one!!! Love the flower cluster!!!

    Wishing you a great week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I love what you did witht he Websters pages layout, cutting the parosol out and that gorgeous cluster of flowers is just amazing, and love the shimmerz under the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is gorgeous and your Lo is amazing! Love those flowers.great touch in the page!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this layout! And Shona's book is simply amazing - i cant stop reading it and looking at all the amazing projects!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucy, this layout is absolutely beautiful and I love how you mimic patchwork!
    "Artistic Mother"sound really great, maybe I can find this book...
    Hugs!
    Karola

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the Shimmerz painted behind the block design ! beautiful use of these pps , Lucy ! just darling !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just found your blog through Tally. You will be seeing me more. Love it! Your flower demo was great. I have my shopping list ready. I really want to try to make some of those.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ALWAYS A TREAT to drop by for a visit Lucy!:) Love the new WP's page !

    ReplyDelete
  12. sigh... this layout is beyond beautiful! Em is the perfect little model for your work :)
    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this gorgeous LO, lucy! I really like how the paper blocks look like em is peeking out a window, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful ... outstanding. what more can i say without sounding like a broken record. i love shimmerz!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.