Sunday, March 28, 2010

Cocoa Daisy

I'm so excited to share this news today! I am guesting at Cocoa Daisy for April and got to work with their gorgeous April kit - Carribean Bliss.

Here are a couple of my layouts I created and I'm also doing a little video for them later this month on creating a mixed media background - like I did here, using paper, gesso and molding paste.


This is the cutest photo of Em and one of her little friends from Pre-K, I love the way they posed so naturally. ;)


I tried to use the stamp in the kit in a different way on my layouts - here I stamped the vine first with Brown Stazon and then stamped the fill stamp with Golden Fluid Acrylic in Gold Nickel Azo.


Still loving the butterflies, as you can see.



A picture I've scrapped before, and never get tired of, I just used a different action this time to darken it and make it more golden to go with the papers a bit.




I tried to make this one feel free and have some movement, like the water.



It's been a long weekend, with a sick little one and we are heading to the doctor in the morning, oh, joy.

I'll post my winner of the RAK for the Shimmerz tomorrow, ok?

See you then,
Lucy

19 comments:

  1. Love them allLucy!!! especially the stitched strips of papers,great idea
    Luzma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy! I really love your 2nd page. I think you totally captured the movement of waves with your strips of paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute pic,Lucy! Love the pages and the new banner!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO BEAUTIFUL!!! i OVE THE EFFECT WIT THE GESSO!!

    BEAUTIFUL PICTURES AS ALWAYS!!!

    I REALLY HOPE SHE GET BETTER.

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous layouts Lucy, congrats to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow... congrats on the GDT gig.. you rock this kit! Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Lucy on Guest Designer...sure LOVE your work girl..and both layouts are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great lo's girl! I love the stamping techniques on the first one! You should be getting an email form me girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the GD ! you always rawk 'em kits ! way to go !

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi there...you are on my artistic mother list...i am loving your work...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. They're both gorgeous! I'm loving the first one because of the artsy feel to it, but the second one actually looks equally appealing to me! Your work always impresses me! Thanks for sharing your wonderful techniques with us.
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree...these are gorgeous!!!! Hope your little one is feeling better...so sad they are sick!!!

    I just wanted to let you know I placed my first order for my Shimmerz....so how you inspired me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the GDT!! Love your LO's!

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous! you have such a gift.
    i am quite new to scrapbooking & still trying to find my way. did some digital stuff yesterday & i am always left craving some texture. putting together a page entirely from supplies at the scrapbooking store leaves me wanting also, so you're techniques with gesso & such appeals to me because you make the page your own. thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are really great great layouts, that kit is really really delicious!! Particularly in love with the paper strips.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You always create such pieces of art with your layouts Lucy, I love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  17. All these layouts are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those pages are gorgeous! I'm so in love with them. Wow. I'm glad E is doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  19. absolutely gorgeous. I love love love your gallery!!!! So beautiful & inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.