Monday, March 22, 2010

Art Quilt Video - Part 1

I've been finishing up a three part video series, detailing my process of creating this painted mini art quilt, that I am excited to share with you! I'll be sharing the rest of the videos over the next few days - I can't wait to hear what you think!






Here are some close-ups and the supply list, if you would like to get started on your own. Of course, you are welcome to change any colors or the design. I'd love to see your interpretation!

Shimmerz Paints: Key Lime, Sunny, Jilted Jade
Shimmerz Blingz: Pixie Dust, Hottie Pink, Gold Glimmer
Shimmerz Spritz: 4 Leaf Clover
Canvas - or Duck Cloth - available at Joann's or Hancocks - maybe Hobby Lobby, Wal-Mart
Various scrapbook paper and flowers - I used Prima
Circle Template and Number Templates or Stencils
Cotton Batting
Backing fabric
Fabric Glue - Fabri-Tac

Basic supplies: scissors, thread, paint brushes




This is more complicated than the other videos I have done so far, more like the kind of video classes I would like to teach. Anyone interested?

Lucy

10 comments:

  1. Oh soooooo interested!!! I love this!!!! I have been dabbling in the mixed medias and I would love to try this one out...Where do I find the canvas?

    Thank you so much for doing this tutorial!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is beautiful! Thanks for the info. It's always nice to have a visual when you are starting out in this type of art.It's like going to a class!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great video! I love watching you work. Can't wait to see the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is incredible.

    Trudy
    Group coordinator for The Artistic Mother's Art Group
    www.artisticcreationswithtrudy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and so creative!!!!! I love the tones!!! they are really vibrant!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow..I love it Lucy!Really beauriful!I am way interested!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so creative - this is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is so devine, I love the quilt in full, wow, just stunning, you are very clever, a girlfriend and I are going to run through the tutorial again and do one.....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.