Monday, February 8, 2010

Vibez Flowers

I spent some time playing with the vibrant colors of the new Shimmerz Vibez!! This is my favorite Shimmerz product to date! I experimented by spraying Vibez on some cotton batting and making some flowers that have the look of felted wool. So fun and easy!!


Here's how I created them:


A close-up of Grape Escape over dry brushed Gesso on the background. The shimmer of the Vibes is amazing....truly the best I have seen in any product!!

And my finished layout, I used some Webster's Pages on this one....this month we did a guest lift of the sweet and talented Lynn Yen, so I gave this one double duty.

I love this old photo of me, my mom and Joe, my brother. This is from 1978 and a proud big sister moment for me.

The background was dry brushed with gesso and then misted with Grape Escape Vibez...the edges were lightly spritzed with Breaking Dawn Vibez and edges painted with a bit of Coal Shimmerz.

Can I just say, I love scrapbooking. I scrapped my first layout this weekend in 2 weeks.....and it felt great! Still buzzing from CHA and the wonderful people that I met there......a couple that I was really star struck by that were incredibly sweet.....Ronda and Debee. I've been fans of their work forever. Wish I had asked for a picture. lol

See you soon,

Lucy

11 comments:

  1. Thank you for this wonderful tutorial...I just adore all the flowers!!!! What great shades and now I know I need all of the colors of VIBEZ!!!

    Have a great week!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy, these flowers are just GORGEOUS!!! Thank you for sharing your talents with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the tutorial ... it's one thing reading how to do this on paper ... it's another thing actually seeing it done live. I now feel I could make this as well, thanks!
    Beautiful LO again Lucy, the flowers really look gorgeous. Putting those Vibez colours on my ever growing wish list ...
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for sharing your fabulous tutorial! I'll be trying this very soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tutorial - it was very easy to follow and very inspirational. Plus: the flowers are absolutely adorable and the shimmer IS really as fab as you say! You're quiiiite the sales woman, you know? I have already started looking for some of the Vibez now. ;)
    Oh, and the LO? Super cute! Love the retro/vintage feel. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great technique and tutorial Lucy, love those flowers and it was nice to hear your voice, I adore your accent :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those flowers!Thanks for the tutorial.I will try to do!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing tutorial! Thanks so much for sharing! Love the layout as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi lucy,
    it was great to see you at CHA, i've found your blog again, and will add it to my reader.
    gorgeous work as always!
    blessings,
    erin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.