Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Buried

I'm buried under mounds of fabric and paper.......this is turning out to be a much bigger project than I anticipated. But I am going to push through and have a clean studio and house again. Wish me luck!

I'm feeling the urge to sew again.....my daughter loves ruffles and girly clothes, so why don't I ever sew for her? My mom made a lot of my clothes when I was a child and I remember thinking they were SO special. I want Em to have those memories of me, too. This morning I showed her these patterns and got a HUGE thumbs up.....so I think I'll try to make my version. (after I finish cleaning) hehehe

These are patterns by Pink Fig.....aren't they adorable?!?



So, back to work.....see you soon, I hope.

Lucy

10 comments:

  1. Really cute!! I love what they're doing with hair accessories and hats these days! Just adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I love Pink Fig patterns, they are all soooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucy,do you happen to know that i like ruffles and pretty dresses too. in XXL size please.lol!!!

    you are one good mommy Lucy;)
    luv,jaz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh to perish under a mound of fabric and paper. I promise we won't resussitate you once we finally locate your whereabouts. What a way to go !!!!!

    Looks like Nie Nie Skirt No 18, has a first class ticket to Adelaide !!!!! It is absolutely adorable. Ruffles, dots and flowers, what else could a gal ask for.
    Steph x

    PS Is there anything you can't do ?
    PSS Do you cook ?? Surely not.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to see more of your sewing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucy, I LOVE that rufffled skirt!!! Can you make me some clothes too??!! I miss those days that Marissa would wear the clothes my Mom made her..they were so cute!
    I can't wait to see pics of Em in them, she is such a cutie!!

    Have a great weekend my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hehe good luck on the clean.....It Sucks LOL...I love the new patterns can't wait to see what you make.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the skirt and vest they are so adorable. The bottom Nie Nie skirt is a must for Em.

    My mom and my grandmother sewed for me and I have vivid memories of some of the dresses. When I was in highschool I made a new outfit every week. I loved tons of clothes. Have fun, yell if you get lost. I could leave my mess and help with your mess.

    Love ya, Gayle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.