Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Painting and Scrapping....

A lot of that going on in my studio lately. A mixed media painting I finished from the online class I am taking with Wyanne. I learned a lot here....especially, what not to do. lol Overall, I like it a lot....but you know how it is with your own work....I see what to change next time. That's a good feeling.....growth. A welcome feeling right now.


And a Sassafras layout that I absolutely adore.....I used a photo action by Coffeeshop on these photos to get the vintage wash....love that! And some Shimmerz shine.......I was thrilled to see it on the Sassafras blog last week!


I masked the chipboard clouds with some Baby's Breath Shimmerz Spritz to accent the top under the banner.


And Hi Ho Silver Blingz to accent the ice cream cone......love the felties and little chipboards from Sass.

Oh, the background is Jenni Bowlin - Coordinations - LOVE that embossed cardstock and the digi frames are by Carina Gardner from 2Peas.



And speaking of Sassafras Lass.....look at what I just spotted!!! Can't wait to see the rest!



Hope you are having a great week and staying warm....it's been freezing here....we aren't used to that in Florida. Brrrrrr.

Lucy

9 comments:

  1. Oh Lucy....I just love the mixed media!!! You are doing an awesome job!!!!

    The LO.....PERFECT!!!! The best layering and details!11

    Stay warm...we are freezing here!!! Have a great day filled with smiles!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Lucy, I LOVE the Sassafras layout!!! Just amazing!! GREAT layering and perfect colors!!
    And the mixed media is gorgeous too, wish I could do this...

    And just like you, we are freezing here (Holland) too! We didn't have so much snow for a long long time!! It's beautiful but I've seen enough now.

    XXXJenneke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lucy! I absolutely love your canvas! SO wish I could paint like that....but that's way beyond me. And what fun your page is. Love the Sass goodies and how everything pops against the dark background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love love these new lines all around. I really need all of Sassfras that company is right up my scrappy ally ..

    Love the painting you did WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, wow, wow. Awesome work. Your layering is also done to perfection. Such talent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the painting Lucy, the scrappin is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love what you created in your class! you can send it to me if you don't like it! te-hee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. INCREDIBLE. I love the painting. And that layout! WOW! I saw that on the Sass blog and love it even more seeing it again! So much to look at! :)
    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  9. The painting is gorgeous! I know how it is when you look at a painting and think of things you would like to change, etc. It's so easy to be negative, and tell ourselves that we are not good enough because the painting didn't turn out perfect. But, you are looking at it with great viewpoint...growth. Love everything about your painting, even the stuff you would like to change. And by doing that...the next painting will be even better.

    She is beautiful and I love all the Sassafras layout too. You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.