Monday, December 28, 2009

A Rash of News

We've had quite a lot going on with the holidays, visitors and rashes. Yes, my daughter looked liked a little Strawberry Shortcake on Christmas morning...thanks to a penicillin allergy that made itself known. We are still treating it and 90% of her body is covered but it is starting to go away a bit.

And a wonderful Christmas gift with my mom staying with us, she is still here......creating in the studio with my mom.....what a treat! We have been doing some mixed media paintings and crafting. Here's one I did using some Webster's Pages to collage my background and dress. Please be kind......this is the first face I have ever shared online. :)



************************************************************
Also.....some sad and happy news. My term at A Million Memories ends this month and I decided not to continue another term. My heart is a bit sad but also happy to think of the studio time for more mixed media. Also I am needing more time away from the computer as you can tell by my fewer blog posts lately. I wish Michelle and the girls there all of the best and will still be hanging out there from time to time. A Million Memories has been a wonderful home for me for the past year and I am grateful!

11 comments:

  1. I hope your little one is feeling better soon! No a great time to find out about an allergy, but it is a good thing to know! Glad you are having a good visit with your family over the holidays!

    Best of luck with all the new adventures I am sure you will go on this coming year!

    And love love love the art piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy, I LOVE your mixed media painting!!!!!!! WOW, just wonderful!!
    Looking forward to see more of that!!
    I hope your daughter is feeling a lot better soon!!
    And enjoy your time with your mother!
    Can't you show us something she made??

    XXXJenneke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lucy...that mixed media painting is just perfect...you did a Fabulous Job!!!

    Best of Luck with all your new adventures and yes.....sometimes we need a little more time to do the things that WE love!!!!

    Hoping that your little one is feeling better and that the rash goes away quickly!!!

    Have a very Happy New Year!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That must have been a hard decision for you. Can't wait to see what's next for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This painting is fab!!! I'm envious, I so want to learn mixed media!! Good luck with new adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, that is SO cool, lucy! how awesome that you get to create with your mom, that must be such great bonding! you know how much i'll miss you on the DT, but I know you'll still be around ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had absolutely no reason to ask your blog readers to be kind as far as your drawing goes. It's amazing and beautiful. It reminds me of a Suzi Blu drawing and I adore her work. I wish I had a natural talent for drawing, but I just don't. You clearly do though. Keep them coming because it's inspirational! I really enjoy your blog. I'm not a scrapbooker but I love your style and I always get good idead when I visit your blog. Happy New Year to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear about your DD. Hope she's on the mend! Your collage is adorable! I love it. I can totally understand your not doing AMM again. I'll miss your monthly work, though! Enjoy your time with your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Lucy, you are AMAZING with mixed media...that girl is DARLING, and what a fun craft to share with your mom as well! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. how artistic is this piece of art Lucy ! U and your mom are SO artistically talented now i know where it comes from :) hope the little one gets better real soon - have a wonderful year ahead my friend :) !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lucy I love "your face", cannot imagine anyone seeing fragile and criticizing it! All of your work speaks to me of love and art, the best things in life. I am new to reading and feeding back on blogs, and so far yours is my favorite.

    I have recently created my own workspace/studio at home and am enjoying letting my inner artist run! Now if I could just master pse7, then life would be perfect.

    I hope your little one feels better soon! Here is to a Happy and Healthy New Year for ALL!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.