Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thankful

As Thanksgiving Day approaches, I am struggling to remember my blessings and all I have to be thankful for. The stress and anxiety of my parents move is really weighing on me and now Emma and I are leaving today to go and visit them for the holiday weekend, so it has been crazy busy with preparations and trying to get ahead on assignments.

Wow, I really sound like a complainer, don't I? I DO have much to be thankful for - here are just a few of those things: my loving family, health, home and a wonderful life, good friends - near and far, my creative spirit, those are the things I want to focus on this week.

And more than a few things to be thankful for in the scrapbooking area, too. I remember just over a year ago - wondering if I would ever be published and now another article accepted by Somerset - a real affirmation for me about the direction I want to go. Not to let go of my passion for mixed media.




And a sweet reminder that I am loved and appreciated by my friends - Steph made this layout for me. How it warms my heart - the way you can connect with someone so like yourself who is so far away. I just know that someday we will meet and our similarities will be even funnier.....so far - our husbands have the same name, our daughters have the same name, our personalities are so alike, both creative and color driven. So amazing! Thanks, hon!! xo


So to all of my friends near and far - I am thankful for you today and wish you (in the US) a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving.

Lucy

13 comments:

  1. Love the creations and I would like to take this time to wish you a Blessed Thanksgiving filled with many memories in the making!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking at some of your work. I really admire your mixed media! Your pages are beautiful too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving Lucy! I hope you and your family have a great Turkey day!
    And thanks for the wonderful inspiration! I have not done much blog hopping lately and decided to do some tonight and so happy I hopped here! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your project is just amazing and as always love your work! happy thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on th pub! You are super talented and deserve to get published. I hope you have a safe and happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your pub! No surprise to me at all. Your work is beautiful.

    I pray you have a stress-free and blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww, that was so nice of steph to do that layout for you, and it is gorgeous, just like you! :-) I'm so glad you are able to spend thanksgiving with your parents - hope you're having a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG ! I didn't realise you & Steph share so many similarities ! You both be a riot together I'd think if you meet ! lol

    No surprises on being pubbed again with Somerset ! wonderful !!

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your lovely family , Lucy !

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh that is so cool that you two have so much in common! and congrats on the Somerset!!! i looove that mag and you are so perfect for it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. so honoured you posted my layout beautiful. its amazing how much feedback we have both have on it. so glad you love it. i am sending it to you via snailmail, a little present from me to you. now i just gotta find your address ..... lol.... im so hopeless. S xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your article is beautiful, it just take time. One of the pages that Somerset published in the last Memories was four years old. What is that old addage on patience for those who wait....

    Steph's page that she created for you is truly amazing I am soooo jealous. I need one, but she has to use some one elses photo.

    Miss you both!

    Hope you are having a great Thanksgiving holiday! See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. really admire your mixed media! Your pages are beautiful too!!


    Work from home India

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the colors, love the picture!!!
    Beijos!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.