Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Sharing some Sassafras & Shimmerz

I've been loving the fun colors and patterns from the newest Sassafras papers and have had fun playing with some layouts for me this week.

I used Sketch 159 from Pencil Lines to start off this one - I adore this picture of Em in her witch costume!

I used Diamond Glaze and Orange glitter to dress up these Sassafras letter stickers. The Diamond Glaze gives a raised effect and the glitter stays put.


And one with some beach vacations pics - still so many of those that I want to scrap...I misted over letter stickers with Sea Foam Shimmerz Spritz and took off the stickers when it was dry to reveal the masked title. The photo collage strip is from Carina Gardner.

And another Shimmerz/Sassafras project - they just seem to go together so well! I masked some circles with Baby's Breath Shimmerz Spritz and then stitched the perimeter of the circles when it was dry.

The old book frame is from Rhonna Farrer's Vintage Photo Brushes.

So, the candy has almost run out at our house....thank goodness. hehehe And now we've moved on to the next countdown......how many days until Christmas, Mom? Oh, boy.

I've doing a little acting.....hahaha.....actually shooting a video for my project at The Next Step...so stay tuned for my debut.

Lucy

14 comments:

  1. GREAT layouts, Lucy!!
    Love the way you pimped the alphas!
    And looking forward to see your acting-debut, lol!

    XXXJenneke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, I'm not a big fan of glitter but you sure do make it tempting! Those letters look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You + Sassafras + Shimmerz = MAGIC!!! Love all of these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I AGREE u powerfully rawked SF AND Shimmerz ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are all so awesome, lucy! em is so cute as a little witch! can't wait to see your video debut!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of them Lucy, how could I not???? But that sand castle LO has to be my favorite, I soooooo love that one. I enlarged the pic and spent some time looking at all the details... and at the end I still saw new things ... amazing!
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are awesome LOs! I am always amazed with your use of colours. So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so fun and colorful
    ! Just love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lucy...I love this line and your LO's are STUNNING!!!! What a great idea to use the Diamond Glaze and the Glitter!!!! Em is just adorable!!! Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful day!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lucy...oh what fun fun fun looking layouts..heaps of color and lots of great bits of detail...fabulous as always!!! just wanted you to know you inspired me to get some ruffles happening... thanks... and I be posting some of my hand dye dollies to you... cause i know you will have fun playing with them!!!

    have a great weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  11. fun ideas you've got going here with the Shimmerz + Sass , Lucy! I just might have to try that combination soon !

    thanks for the inspo as always !

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow sandy castle is GORGEOUS - fabulous layouts. i love your blog and have become a follower. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Seriously .. you rock my world girl ..

    ReplyDelete
  14. These layouts are even more stunning in real life! Love all your work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.