Saturday, November 14, 2009

A Flower Garden

This has been a busy week! The crop going on at inspireME, cleaning out the disaster that is my studio, and just normal life........whew...but I wouldn't have it any other way. It's real life and it's mine.

After the marathon of scrapbook pages last month, I wanted to do something a little different and pulled out my paints and bees wax for a little something for the feature that Sassafras did on me on their blog.....notice how calmly I typed that? SASSAFRAS featured ME on their BLOG!!!! Believe me, I was screaming it inside.....lol.

Here is the little flower garden I created with their papers and blooms:


I cut the little skirt from Sass paper and painted the rest of the figure.

I added the stitched blossoms after the waxing, just kind of pushed them into the wax.

The background is collaged Sassafras papers - the a light coat of gesso that I wiped most away and accented with charcoal pencils.

And LOVE the acrylic stamps from Sassafras - I stamped with Stazon ink to make sure nothing ran when I applied the hot wax - see the adorable stitch stamping?



So, what's going on this weekend for you? I'm finishing the cleaning because my dad is giving me his huge wooden desk for my studio - when I get it set up, I'll post some pics. Have a great weekend!

Lucy

13 comments:

  1. oh wow, you just don't stop amazing me. Waxing ... I have no idea what you're talking about LOL, but the result sure looks cool. I'm thinking this might just turn up on the Sassafras blog as well...

    Can't wait to see the pics of your studio Lucy, one because well, I'm nosy, I can't deny that LOL and two, because I'm genuinely interested in seeing where you create your magic!

    Have a great weekend, hope to catch you again on FB real soon!
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I love how the colors look muted...very artistic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My Goodness Lucy, this is just beyond words!!!! What a piece of ART and all the details and colors are fabulous!!!!! Can't wait to see the pics of your creating space!!! Have a great weekend!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucy you are just plain awesome!!! Congrats on the Sass nod!! You rock their stuff and you are so talented !! I love this canvas WOWOWOW!!!!!

    Hugs
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Lucy what an amazing piece of art and congrats on your Sass toot, well done you are extremely talented!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, wow, wow! You're amazing! I love visiting your blog. I am always inspired by your amazing talent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is really cool! Absolutely love the look of it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucy, this is gorgeous. Wish you will be Sass GDT or DT.... you totally rock their papers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Once again, congrats on that fab-O Sass toot... really cool and deserved, Lucy! This project is ultra-cool... I love the skirt made with Sass and your painted figure. Great artistic flair!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw you on the Sass blog! You are on fire!!! I was so thrilled for you!

    Love that canvas it is soooo divine! Wish we could scrap together one day, it must be awesome watching you create. Have a fab week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is just amazing, I really love what you did here, I am having a party for my 4 year old in the next week and this is what we will be making.. I am hoping the girls will have fun doing something with paint, canvas and paper. But secretly I want to do one myself, and you gave me great inspiration to try something like this. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lucy, I've said it time and time again...you are AMAZING! If only I could tap into your creative genius! Oh the things I would do...lol! Love, love, love this!!! Girl, you totally rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cute piece of art work, I can not wait to see it in person. The colors are beautiful. The ornament is very pretty. Love the little details. See you soon.

    Love ya!
    Gayle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.