Saturday, October 10, 2009

Grateful 4 U

The October kit from A Million Memories has a wonderful homespun look - made me think of a quilt. So I created the look of a Nine Patch on this layout with a stitched grid and colorful blocks of paper each individually embellished.

I loved the Word at OLW this week - Gratitude, so worked it into my layout with my title - Grateful 4 U - my two sweeties.

I painted the edges of the flower with Shimmerz Blingz in Gold Glitter - it made a gorgeous raised edge.

We had a mini book from Maya Rd included with the kit - I crackled this page with antique white acrylic paint, then a layer of Plaid Crackle medium, then blue acrylic - drying between layers. I love how the rub-on contrasted against the blue.

For the stitched grid I lightly marked a grid 3" apart with a pencil and stitched with a double stitch on my sewing machine. I accented under the title with Shimmerz Spritz in Baby's Breath - doesn't it look like water drops?



I've been playing with my photos a lot lately - the frame on this one is from a vintage photo kit by Rhonna Farrer. And I've found something I really want, to help me play in PSE - a Bamboo Craft Pad. Do you have one of these? Maybe if I am really sweet, Santa will bring me one?!? (I am hoping my husband is reading this)

And last, but not least:

AMM is having a crop party next weekend!! October 16-18 - we are going to have games, tutorials and PRIZES!! Hope you can plan to head over and see what's going on!

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

I'm sick of being sick - this is going on 3 weeks now, catching something back to back - hopefully this is the end of that - but I have been productive, in spite of myself. ;) Lots of new stuff coming - hope you are having a great weekend!

Lucy

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous page!!!
    Beautiful papers and colors!
    xxxx
    Chimene

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this Page...Lucy!!!! Love the house and the stitching is perfect!!!! So sorry that you have been feeling so yucky!!! Hope you are feeling much better very soon!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the subtle details on this and the overall design. The crackling is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful page!!
    LOVE your house and all gorgeous details!
    Hope you will feel better soon!

    XXXJenneke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my dear, I hate to hear you have been so sick. But it certainly hasn't slowed you down in the scrapping arena. This is a fantastic page. I love all the extras you do to make it such a work of art! Take care and I hope you get to feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the details on this page. Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.