Thursday, September 10, 2009

Sassafras Love

Ok, I just finished working with the AMM September kit and it feels like it was made for me, especially the new Sassafras! The colors worked perfectly with some of my new beach vacation pictures.

Here are a couple of my faves:


Do you ever see a trend you want to incorporate into your work? I noticed a lot of white cardstock at CHA and loved the clean look and strong contrast that it gives - so this is my take at adding white cardstock to my own style.

Misting a page from the Jenni Bowlin bingo book with some Ranger Adirondack mists - love the intensity of color.

Some softer Shimmerz misting for a watercolor look. And the photo edges have a sanded look from a Hof3 photo mask.

Showing the depth of my embellishments on the side.




I added some super long stitches with black pearl cotton to outline the edges.


Another priceless photo of Mark and Emma - reaching to the sky - love this photo edge from French Laundry Drop and Drag Photo Frames by Sande Krieger.




I did partial stitching around the zig-zag edge of the Sassafras paper.

I played around with the title work a little here....


The upper embellishment cluster and my misting - again with the Adirondack inks and a chipboard from Pink Paislee. I thought the mini Maya Road houses went with the theme of castles.

******************************************************

We just added a new design team member to The Next Step - I am crazy about this girl! She has a wonderful sense of color and style....and she writes great tutorials! Welcome, Tricia!!


I had a fun mail day yesterday - I won a RAK from Amy Tara's blog and let me say - WOW!! So, now I have the gorgeous new Crate papers to play with - love the colors!! Thanks, Amy Tara!!


How's your week going? See you soon. :)


Lucy

15 comments:

  1. Oh My Goodnes...Did you work this Kit and WOW....what talent you have!!!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Lo's...the colors and pp's, the dimension....I so want that KIT....NOW!!!!! Wishing you a great day!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. your work is just phenomenal and i hope you know that YOU, my beautiful friend, brings me joy and inspirations in abundance. God bless your talent, lucy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! Gorgeous!!! I love it! Now I feel like buying the kit! So beautiful and I love, love the pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful beautiful pages. I love the layers, the misting, and the photo mats... how could you not love what Sande Krieger does!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those LOs are absolutely perfect. You were right the kits were made for you :) I Love the first one !!!!!!Well love emall!!! lol Hugs Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  6. You brought such fun and life to this kit!! These are just fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your beach photos are perfect with the Sass papers used , Lucy !!!! Amazing ! I wouldnt have thought of beach pics at all ! but maybe I will after looking at your awesome creations. lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. GORGEOUS!!!!!! I love everything you did here, every little well-thought-over detail!
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW- these are beautiful!!! Glad I found your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The red in those los...JUICY!!!! My fave!!! Stunned by the beauty of your work. And thank you for your kind words!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous pages - just love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's beautiful, I love your design and the vibrant colors !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous pages lucy!!!!!!
    xxxx
    Chimene

    ReplyDelete
  14. C'est une page magnifique, faite avec beaucoup de goût, bravo et bises

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.