Monday, September 7, 2009

Hambly fun

I love Hambly, as a lot of you know and have quite a collection of their products. I decided to stop collecting and use some on this layout! I am so excited about their new collections - coming very soon - the dressforms and lace, transparencies - I am visualizing a mixed media set with that for Sew Somerset!

We did a guest member lift at AMM this month of the incredible, Carrie Ferrier. Her clean, gorgeous style always inspires me. You can see her layout and the other DT lifts here on the AMM blog.



I was trying for a free-style feel on this and my wonderful friend, Steph Devlin, ran an action on my photo for me as a little suprise! Thanks, hon!! I just love her photos - she is a Photoshop genius!!



So, let me share a few of the details - I had so much fun with this layout! Some bubble wrap paint dots and layered white transparency -this is the All Mixed Up.




I framed the photo with part of the transparency an stitched it down and lifted it a bit for dimension. The felt is Prima and the chipboard leaves - Pink Paislee with some glimmer mist - The little frame with the butterfly is my favorite!


A side view showing some of the dimension and layering.



Some misting with Tattered Angels (cinder) and I filled a couple of the circles on the paper with some Hambly woodgrain rub-ons. That was a little tricky - lol




***********************************************************************************
Let me plug my class one more time: I am so excited to invite you to join me tomorrow for my first class at A Million Memories! Just be registered at AMM and the class will be on the boards on Tuesday morning!




The yard sale is over and was successful in two ways - I cleaned out a lot of clutter and made a little money! We are all hot and tired and ready to spend Labor Day relaxing. Hope you enjoy your Monday!


Lucy

22 comments:

  1. Another gorgeous LO Lucy, I love this free-style! I've never worked with Hambly products, but they are on my wish list (which is growing day by day LOL).
    Enjoy the rest of your day!
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layout Lucy! Love all the framing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this one Lucy.....now you have inspired me to break out the Hambly and have some fun!!! I adore all the dimension!!!!! I will check out your class!!!! You should see the boxes piling up in my garage from the flood....things that were not damaged from the water...but now I don't want them...I want to start with a clean canvas downstairs....So come Spring I am going to have one major Garage Sale!!!!! Relax and enjoy spending time with the family today!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to see you use Hambly here , Lucy ! Just gorgeous ! love all the little details !

    Looking forward to your AMM Class !

    P/s : I received your happy mail today ! thanks heaps for your generous amount of fabric !!! love them !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful page Lucy. I just LOVE what Steph did with your photo... lucky you! I am loving the colors you worked with. Perfect for the photo! Have a wonderful Labor day! ~Amy Tara~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous Layout. That is such a beautiful picture of you and your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucy, this is so fabulous! You must use Hambly more often!!!!

    Congrats on your class. I wish you nothing but HUGE success.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This layout is amazing, Lucy! You are so talented-- you blow me away!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That LO is so so fabulous, lucy! I always love to see how you make it all come together! Your class sounds awesome - I can't wait to check it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lucy,


    I came across your site whilst blogg hopping....as you do!!

    I love it ....I love it!

    Some great works of art here! If you love to do challenges, I run two challenge sites, and would love to get a piece of your art work to showcase.... so,

    If you're bored lol...... and looking for a challenge with a twist, why dont you try one of my challenges at either ARTastic = http://artasticchallengeblog.blogspot.com/
    or
    From Screen 2 Scrap = http://screen2scrap.blogspot.com/
    I would love to see you participate and have a go!!

    Cheers
    Shazza

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lucy this photographed well. so beautiful in real life. Love the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lucy, I swear there is no product you can't use....really great job with the Hambly

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow!!!!! Just gorgeous!!!!!!
    xxxx
    Chimene

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, love the layout! Fab details!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the color combination and all the detailing in that layout. Beautiful! And hoping to join in your AMM class

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous Lucy!!!!! I love all the techniques you used..thanks for sharing what you did! Life has been crazy the past couple days..work work and more work....no play...it sucks!!!
    Marissa has had teenage drama with some friends and sometimes i wonder where some of the parents come from?????!!!! I will give you a jingle when I get a couple free seconds to myself...hopefully this week....
    talk to you soon

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lucy, I have not seen you use Hambly. This LO is just perfect. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are a genius!!!!! This is so creative and beautiful! And I really love you picture! PS. Your daughter is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Lucy, what a beautiful layout. I saw some more of your gorgeousness on two peas this morning. Wow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.