Friday, September 4, 2009

Celebrate Life

One thing about kids - they make you celebrate life, don't they? I felt this picture really captured that and we did a guest designer lift of the talented, Stacy Cohen, you must see what she created this month at inspireMe as guest designer!! So I created this project - not quite a layout but one to hang the wall in my studio with mostly the Postcards from Paris collection by Webster's Pages. Makes me smile! :)


I sprinkled some sand on the wet gesso to add some texture to the cardboard.


Stacy crocheted a border around her layout so I a made a gathered fabric ruffle around the edge of mine.
Doesn't that make you want to smile, too? Photo edited with a paper texture and Mindy's Photo Actions - Beautiful Sepia, frame by Jessica Sprague.



Don't forget about my FREE 3 day class at AMM starting on Tuesday the 8th! Just be registered in the forum and you will see the thread with the class download on Tuesday!

Thanks for the supportive comments about my issues - I'm doing good - just let me get through this yard sale this weekend and then start catching up with every ones blogs again! See you soon

13 comments:

  1. Love this layout Lucy..it has such a fun feeling to it..a great design shape, such a cool ruffle against the black it really makes it stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful!!! I love it! Love the card board and all the dimensions!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!
    I think everytime I looked at it I would smile, Lucy!
    Your Em is such a beautiful girl
    Have a great 4 day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love, love, love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this LO becos of the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful Lucy, you're right, just looking at it makes me feel happy. I love the idea of sprinkling sand in the gesso ... something new to try, you know I love to try out new things!
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome idea to sprinkle sand in the gesso!!!! I just adore your work and this LO is stunning!!! It makes me so happy to look at it and take in all the details!!!!! Have a great Holiday weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how I love your work! One of my favorite things to do is to come to your blog to see if you have created anything new. This is fab!
    ~Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh such a gorgeous LO Lucy... I really like the look of your class.. so I am off to register so I can take part...and "thank you" for all the inspiration you give here and over at the next step..totally awesome...have a great weekend..leeann xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally gorgeous, lucy!! I love how you used fabric instead of the paper ruffle - beautiful effect! Awesome photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful page! And I love that pic of Emma!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They there, this is beautiful. Love all the dimension here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.