Sunday, August 30, 2009

New Kit and My Class

A couple of new things I am really excited about! I am teaching a FREE class September 8-10 at A Million Memories - I think you are going to love this shabby vintage look frame!! Michelle has some kits for the class that will be available shortly or I will get you a list of supplies. I'll be posting the sign up soon and will get you the link.


And this kit - the September kit from A Million Memories, Office Space, I can't wait to get my hands on it - I've already been printing my pictures - get ready for some beach scenes. ;) LOVE the fun bright colors and I think it will be amazing for back to school or whatever you are scrapping right now! Check out the NEW Sassafras, Lily Bee, Cosmo Cricket and the Jenni Bowlin Bingo Book!



So, a few changes going on for me....I think you can tell that I have been a little stressed lately, my heart has been broken about my parents moving and my baby starting Pre-K, so many things, sometimes life takes more effort than other times. Not to be complaining...I know I am blessed in my life and am grateful for the challenges and changes that I have to grow through; it's just a few growing pains for me, right now.

That said - I don't know how many of you follow The Next Step - but we are changing things up a bit there to be a little less busy and I have stepped down from a couple of challenge blogs, Scrapping the Music and Creative Therapy. I am sad to be leaving but am thankful for the opportunity to be part of such wonderful sites.

And creatively - Just received my some new Webster's goodies!! Yay!! So I created this new layout in a non-traditional use of Winter's Wings - I adore these colors!!


Some misting here with Shimmerz in Eucalyptus over a Maya Road circles mask. So soft and pretty.

And I splattered some of the Shimmerz paint - love the glitter in this paint! This is Gold Glimmer.

And more Shimmerz - Spritzed on the flowers in Barn Red.

The upper insertion - tulle, old cheese cloth I dyed, threads from a piece of burlap.



I am so happy that Emma loves the sea as much as I do and it's song calls to her, too. This layout gives me such a wonderful feeling - it just makes me happy creatively - and that is a good place to be right now. Thanks for hanging with me today and making it through this long post. I so appreciate your comments and friendships - thanks and see you soon. :)

13 comments:

  1. This is beautiful... love how you use a Winter theme for a beach LO. really creative! I totally understand the busy part and the need to realign priorities. You did the right thing. Family is important. Enjoy the process!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy this is just absolutely gorgeous!! i love what you did with the cheese cloth and the pics of Emma are super sweet!!! I will be checking out your class at AMM on the 8th for sure!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the wonderful textures you've created here Lucy...and your attention to details is just amazing. Emma looks so pretty and happy in those pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am feeling for you about your parents....life throws some tough choices at you (and them)!!

    What a stunning Websters layout...very unique and such striking colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it that you've done a beach layout with the Winter's Wings pp, Lucy ! so inspiring !

    Good to hear you are taking care of you amidst all the changes you are facing !

    ReplyDelete
  6. **Swoon** my heart skipped a beat when I saw this. Lucy its just divine. The color scheme is so lush and rich - yummy - def. one of my favs of yours.
    Thinking of you. Will email you soon.
    Steph xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry hearing about you leaving some of your DT post. But I love how you put yourself first and thats the most important thing.Im excited for that class! That layout rocks with details and texture.TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. *gasp* the layout is mindblowingly beautiful!! I am in awe.. you're so inspiring my gorgeous friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great layout Lucy so fresh looking.TAke care Kerry xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lucy, sending my love. i know what u mean, im going through so many changes here myself.and baby going through potty training is a BIG CHANGE for me!! Gosh.If you hv the time,i'll tell you all abt it lol..
    I hope things will get settled soon,and that you will be back on track and enjoy the goodness in life that you're blessed with.

    and wow i must say this layout using the latest WP ,is simply gorgeous!!!!.love-jaz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope life settles for you a bit!!! Your Lo is fab...you did an amazing job with the Websters!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That Sea Song LO is GORGEOUS!!! I love every single detail about it. You are such an inspiration, thanks Lucy!
    I'm sorry you had to step down from some of the DT's, but there still has to be enough time to just enjoy life as well huh... Just give it some time, it'll all work out, you'll see.
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.