Thursday, July 23, 2009

Webster's New Reveals

And here is a little something I created for them using a lot of bits and pieces.

Since I was a quilter before scrapbooking I have had the idea of incorporating paper quilts into my work and doing a series or something along those lines, so here is another idea about that. This one in crazy patch with bobbin embroidery like I showed on The Next Step this month. Click on the link to see how to do it yourself. :)

The crumpled chipboard recycled packaging background is an idea that Wendela shared on AMM a few months ago.

And a close-up of the stitching....

And a close-up of the texture.....

I have been loving the new reveals from Websters! Wow! Aren't they beautiful!! And the new embellishments are gorgeous!!

Postcards from Paris

Natures Storybook

Home for the Holidays

Holiday Wishes

So, I have been running around like crazy trying to get everything done before CHA, cleaning house and finishing assignments. I know you mom's will understand...I am worried about leaving Emma for the first time...I have left her overnight but not just me, going away for a couple of days - thank goodness my mom is still here.
Sorry, I haven't been keeping up with everyone's blogs, but I'll catch up soon. :)
Lucy

14 comments:

  1. Very cute on the quilting idea!! I may just have to lift that :). The new Webster's stuff is great!! I love the new embelies/ coming out as well!! Can't wait to meet you at CHA. Have safe trip and see you there. :)Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilting idea is pure genius! You did such a fantastic job incorporating it into your LO...especially love all the stitching!

    I'm so lovin' the new Webster's sneaks. Can't wait to see the holiday themes up close! Enjoy CHA and try not to worry too much. I know that is certainly easier said than done. But go soak it all in and hurry back...I can't wait to hear all about it! {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the paper quilt!!!!!!!
    And your photos are always so sweet and adorable!!!

    xxxx Chimene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lucy....you talent never ceases to amaze me....This LO is stunning!!!! The quilting idea is Fabulous!!!!! Webtsers is so awesome!!! Have fun on your trip and I know Emma will be fine with your Mom!!!!! Take lots of pics to share with us!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucy, you are awesome! That layout is beyond stunning, and what an ADORABLE picture of Em!! Webster's pages sure found a gem.
    ~Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay...I want the paris and all the Christmas lines...these are GORGEOUS!!! You lucky girl getting to play with all these fabulous papers!!!

    The quilted layout is beautiful Lucy! Love how you incorporated all the different stitches...

    Have a wonderful time at Cha!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous design! Have fun at CHA!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Lucy, Im in awe!!
    Have a great weekend
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous page again, love the close up, particularly of the texture, it's great to see it closer (so I can nick ideas obviously....LOL)
    I'm sure Emma will be fine, but I know what you mean, you will be worse than her!
    enjoy it though, you deserve it and so do the public who will LOVE your creations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, all those new lines are totally gorgeous, as is your LO! I'm so so excited for you to go to CHA - i really am going to aim for the winter show! Have a BLAST, lucy! I'm sure em will have lots of fun with your mom ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! That LO is just amazing Lucy! love all the stitching!
    Hope you have a great time at CHA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lucy, this is a gorgeous piece of work! love it! -jaz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.