Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Scrapping the Music

Music is something that always makes me think; it is the soundtrack of our lives and a vehicle for our memories. Just a few bars and I am instantly transported to another time or emotion. That is why when Mary from Scrapping the Music asked me to join their design team, I was happy to take part. So if you are inspired by music, I hope you will come and join us!

Here is my first layout as a design team member and also part of my entry for the design team call at American Crafts- I am going try out and see what they think of my style. All of the new Thickers -now that is my idea of fun! Thickers are my most 'go to' supply.







A note about the photo - I've been playing with Photo Shop lately and I edited this photo using Color Pop by Mindy's Photo Actions and then layered a texture mask from Lily After 5 between layers of the photo and made the top layer into an overlay. Then I added the text for my journaling. The photo looks like it was printed on canvas, I love the effect!


Thanks for all of the warm wishes about the Webster's DT! It has been a fun week, scrapbook wise. :)

See you soon.
Lucy

13 comments:

  1. Love the LO!!! What a great pic and I just adore the bright colors and dimension!!! Have a great day!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Congrats girl!!!!!
    What a beautiful page!!

    xxxx
    Chimene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, why wouldn't American Crafts like you style...it is da bomb! So happy for you to have been asked to join Scrapping the Music...love that site! This layout is awesome...particularly love what you did with the photo. Thanks for the mini how-to. I've been wanting to dive into Photoshop but my, oh my, time just seems to escape me these days. But all is good. I'll be waiting for the inevitable news that you are on the DT at American Crafts...gotta think positive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful layout! Such beautiful colors.
    Congrats on being part of that awesome group of ladies at Scrap. The Music you are a great addition to their team and good luck with making the DT at American Crafts, their is no doubt in my mind that you would be a top pick, if I had the guts I would try out because I so heart their papers but I'm a chicken :D :D :D
    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the journalling on the pic!!! And the colors are so bright and uplifting. I want to as talented as you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. the LO is awesome, lovin' all the textures here Lucy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello ! Sorry but I don't speak very well english.
    I've look at many of your pages. They are lovely, marvellous, wonderfull ! You use many webster'spages and i love it. I've write a little message in an other post of your blog.
    I love what you do ! Bravo !!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cool. I love the texture pic. I hope American Craft love your style. So vibrant and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this totally blows me away!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha ! I ran into Wendy Kwok just an hr ago at our LSS & we were remarking how thrilled we are for you on this WP gig ! you go, grrl ! ;-)

    congrats on the Scrapping the Music DT - not surprising to me either ! I'm sure you're gonna be enjoying these times !

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a beautiful LO and I love the textures. You are really good with PSE! You will be great for STM. I know how much you enjoy using the lyrics in your LO's.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on getting on the STM DT Lucy!

    I love the layers and especially what you did with the photo. And what a wonderful way to document how you came to choose your girl's name. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful layout! I love what you did with photoshop!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.