Monday, July 20, 2009

Can't Rewind

How true....but don't think I would want to, even if I could. We are who we are because of where we have been. Not to get all philosophical on a Monday morning or anything but as you know, music makes me think. The song at Scrapping the Music this week is 'If Today Was Your Last
Day by Nickleback'
- love that group!

I pulled out these gorgeous new Prima flowers I just got and decided to do the monthly BAP sketch from Prima as I was doing the STM page, too - simple for me....but I really like it a lot.

Had an amazing week last week!!

First a little email from Sassafras asking if I would consider letting them display this layout in their booth for CHA. Hmmmmm......Of course, I was doing the happy dance!!

And got the Catwalk at SIS with one of my fave new layouts with some American Crafts yumminess! I have my fingers crossed on their DT call - I created an adorable mini needle storage and quote book this weekend for my project and am finishing up my application this morning, last minute, of course!


And, lastly, Brandin - asked me to email her 2 pictures for consideration for the Webster's new catalog!! What a dream that seems like to me....me??? I don't want you to think I am being falsely modest. I know my work is good - I personally LOVE it but there are so many incredibly talented scrapbooking artists, I just consider myself so lucky to even be noticed. Thank you, my friends, for all of your support!! :)

See you soon!

Lucy

15 comments:

  1. Lucy, your work is phenominal!!! (Have no idea if I spelled that right, but you know what I mean...LOL!) I love the first one...you do "simple" so well! Congrats on all your fantastic news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... congrats on all your good news! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like those LOs!!! They are gorgeous!! And congrats on the Sass display!!! I am going to CHA. So email me if you want to try and meet up :). And great you entered the AC DT I'm out of luck ;) lol. Good Luck. I always find your work as an inspiration !!!! Hope to see you in a week. dougherty595@cox.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucy, you are awesome and it doesn't surprise me one bit. Your work is always amazing. Congrats for you, it is totally well deserved.
    ~Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah such good news!!!!!!! Wow, you must be walking on clouds by now. Well, I guess you know by now how I feel about you and your work ... your both fantastic!!!!!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, I really hope you make the AC DT, you so deserve it.
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucy....I just adore your style and I so happy for the great things happening for you right now....you go girlie....Thank you so much for your kind and caring comment that you left!!!! You know I just adore you!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats hun!!!Lots of good news.Hoping for the best in all your endeavors! Your woeks are stunning.Love it heaps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on so amazing news!!! Your work is so beautiful!!! Love everything you do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm SO glad you are being noticed, my friend! I've been a fan since I first saw your work, and i'm glad the rest of the scrappy world is now noticing you too! Good luck with the AC call - I threw my hat in the ring, too - ack!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow ! fab news all around ! way to go, Lucy ! You blaze the trail for mixed media+ scrapping !

    ReplyDelete
  11. sweetheart, you deserve all that AND MORE! *hugs* amazing work as always..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Every day brings hope, excitement and new inspiration in this hobby....it sounds like your full of joy at the moment and so you should be your work rocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lucy, things are falling right in place for you right now and you totally worked so hard and deserve all the spotlight. your work is amazing and I will forever support you.....You have taught me so much I am forever grateful :) These layouts as always are gorgeous!

    You go girl!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. both layouts are simply beautiful! Hope you don't mind that you are one of my "divas" of the week on my blog!

    kateB
    http://kateblue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yeah! Congrats! Can't wait for you to get back! Missing you tons!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.