Thursday, June 11, 2009

Something Old, Something New *edited*

That was the title of the Sassafras blog post that inspired me to pull out my stash of gorgeous papers that I have been hording. Hording for what, one might ask? The end to my paper stash? hehe (that would be the end of the world as we know it) Well, enough hording and on with the project! This is mixing stuff from 4 of their product lines. It all goes together so well!


Everything here from Sassafras Lass except for the adore tag and the button. Photo edges by Sandi Krieger. I misted the green dot paper to give a worn and distressed look. Isn't this photo the cutest? Em's hair just won't stay up, but I love it.


And another I added - this one of me and my dad - I was about 4 here. When Em saw this pic, she asked, is that you or me? lol and then she wanted to know why was I laying with DaDa - that is my brother (who looks so much like my dad).

Not a great picture quality wise - but very much loved.

A close up of my title work and some of the stitching.

Thanks for your input on the internet time organization. I tend to be slightly obsessive and just need to limit my time while Em is up, at least. ;) I have definitely had a more creative week, finishing 4 layouts so far. So maybe a little organization is good for me.

Hope you are having a great week and I'll catch you later!

Lucy

17 comments:

  1. this is an ADORABLE layout! I love all your embellishments & flowers. :) super cute photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't line-mixing fun?
    This turned out SO cute, Luc!
    PS:
    you aren't the only hoarder...shh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loooove this LO! That photo is faaaab too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always....amazing! I so love your work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucy,
    First... This layout is gorgeous! Em is so incredibly cute. I love the distressed feel and the colors are fabulous!
    Second... OH MY GOODNESS! I got my RAK from you yesterday in the mail! Are you serious??? There are SO many awesome things in that package! I could go through them all day! (which I just might! lol) Thank you SO MUCH! I am in love ;) Lots of good projects to be made with it all. Thank you so much.
    Hugs,
    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you using up some of your horded stash! Love what you created with it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh I love this layout. Every single thing about it! Maybe we can help each other be more internet time conscience ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this LO Lucy...great job using these papers! It is such a cute pic of Em and her unruly beautiful hair!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are gorgeous Lucy!! I really have to go and get me some of that Glimmer Mist... the shop I usually buy my scrapping supplies from doesn't sell this. They did at one time apparantly but it didn't sell, can you believe that??? So they don't anymore, and with the shipping rates being as they are, I'm trying to find a place here in Belgium where I can find them. When I see all the beautiful things you do with them, I just know they are a must-have!!
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lucy....I just adore the LO's and the one with your daughter is filled with such wonderful detail!!! I love the one with your Dad....so touching and so glad to see you use an older picture!!!!! Thanks for all the wonderful comments you leave me...you know I am your #1 FAN!!!! Have a great weekend....:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, amazing layouts! I love the paper mixing and the clusters of embellishments- just gorgeous! And that photo of her hair is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh WOW WOW WOW Lucy! u amaze me everytime im here ;) -jaz

    ReplyDelete
  13. All your work is just awesome. Thanks for inspiring me so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You, my friend, amaze me every time you post. You have an incredible talent and Emma is such a beautiful little girl to be scrapping!

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What beautiful pages! I love what you did. Your tutorial for The Next Step is amazing too, as usual. Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Lucy! Just got back from vacation and I'm making my rounds! Gotta tell you how much I love these LO's. I've already been by The Next Step left you some love for all the wonderfully amazing work you showcased there. So I thought it only fitting I leave you a little love here! LOL! You continually amaze me, Girl! Thanks for being my scrapbooking inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous layouts. Love the top one and all the little elements you added to it. The background paper is great :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.