Thursday, June 4, 2009

June AMM Kit

I am in love! Michelle has outdone herself this month with the June kit from A Million Memories - the colors, embellishments, papers - all just my style! lol

A pic from before the wedding, Em patiently waiting. Love this expression! I painted under the photo with Tim Holtz crackle paint in White Wicker.

And to show how I punched up the flower vine with some layers of punched flowers and stickles:

This photo is of my grandma and her sister - I am so mad at how my handwriting ruined this page! I try not to write uphill and even had dots to follow and what happened!?! Otherwise, I really like the design here. See that cute little fence?

And another vintage photo this month - this one of my dad's mom and his 3 older brothers. These Webster's Pages suit themselves beautifully to vintage. This one is also a little different size - 81/2x12 - I was piecing together some scraps and liked the result very much!

And probably my favorite of these - inspired by Audrey.

And Audrey's card - my inspiration for this layout! When I saw this on her blog I knew I had to make a layout with this idea and she graciously allowed me to lift her!! For those of you that don't know Audrey Hernadez, she is an amazing mixed media artist who is an Artist on Call for Somerset Studios and a good friend of mine. Her work is fabulous!

And another shot of it because I just can't get enough of it! Love the whimsical feel! I had Em run around the yard with her kite to get the photos for this one.


And now that I've worn you out - Look at this! Rachel Hall is going to be teaching a FREE class at AMM! This looks like fun - can't wait to play along. Hope you'll join me! :) Just register on the AMM site to receive the email announcing the class with the link.

Don't know if you noticed but I used the Creative Imagination stamps from the kit a lot this month and will be giving a free tutorial about using acrylic stamps and ideas for stamping on your layouts - I'll post the link when I get it finished.

So thanks for hanging in there with me today - that was a ton of photos to look at! I guess I don't have to say that I haven't done much else this week, besides playing outside with Em by her little pool or staying inside playing dolls. ;) How is your summer starting off? See you soon!

Lucy

19 comments:

  1. I don't think your LO is ruined by your handwriting, it just looks like you added a note, making it just spontaneous ! Love this !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lucy! I have to agree. This is one amazing kit. Of course, your layouts TOTALLY sold me on it! I'm actally sitting here not knowing what to say. These are breath-taking! The last one had my jaw hitting the floor! You have to be one of the most talented scrappers I have ever seen. Please don't think I'm saying this lightly. I mean it from the bottom of my heart. Your work "speaks" to me. Can't even tell you why...just does!

    Hope you have a blast with more pool & Barbie time! Ahhhh, those were the days! LOL! I'm off to the beach on Sunday. I think it is the first time I've ever had 6 full days away without kids or agendas. I CANNOT WAIT! Take care, sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful what you've created with the kit , Lucy ! just so inspiring !

    AMM's DT is just one of the best out there !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your layouts are always so fabulous, Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lucy, I really like the butterflys walking, very nice work, your so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lucy!!!!! Well Miss Lucy you have knocked my socks off!!!! All of these creations are breathtaking!!!! I agree also with Lisa, talented beyond belief! I just wish I had 1/10th of that talent. Now I want to make Evan run around with his kit to get a pic like you did!!!! I so enjoy visits to your Blog and I just sit here and take it all in!!! Thank you for sharing your wonderful talent with all of us!!! Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!! You have out done yourself. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the butterfly walker!!!You make true pieces of art. Thank You for the insipration.!!! AMM puts out amazing kits!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are such an artist Lucy! Love all the layouts but especially the Butterfly Walker lo, it's fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, all of these are just amazing. I have some of that paper....i've been scared to cut it or cover it, but i'll give it a shot...thanks! And, I agree, my favorite is the last as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all so incredble! Each one is so unique... love them! That butterfly walker one is amazing! And, I don't think your hadnwriting ruined it at all... if anything, it adds to the page. :)
    ~Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely lovely layouts Lucy! I wouldn't have noticed how you "ruined" the piece with your handwriting if you hadn't mentioned it. I love every single layout. Really. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think these are some of your best! Love the Butterfly Walking. You know you made me get this kit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh- MY-GOD! that butterfly walker is phenomenal! lOVE LOVE LOVEEE!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You really rocked that kit, girl! Gorgeous work! Your handwriting totally did NOT ruin that layout silly! It's the slight imperfections that make them more real :-) I love how you did that butterfly one - I may have to lift your lift, lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, these LO's are just fabulous! I especially love the first one...just striking!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are always so inspiring to me! I so enjoy stopping by to see what beauties you have to share!

    ReplyDelete
  17. i saw all your amazingness over at websters this weekend. gorgeous! i love that piece that you drew your inspiration from. i made wings with the vellum.

    that AAM kit is amazing, i have to check it out

    ReplyDelete
  18. love the whole butterfly walker idea..gorgeous layout!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW!! I can't think of a better word-the creations you made with this ket are absolutley incredible!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.