Monday, June 1, 2009

Feels Like Summer

It already feels like summer here and I have been inspired to use some warm, bright colors. For my last week as guest designer for Scrapping the Music - #88 You Are So Beautiful:

I punched up the color in the photo with a color burn and Michelle just sent me these Fancy Pants papers from the Sweet Spring line and paisley chipboard from the AMM store - I love the feel of water in this layout - I added some stickles water drops to accent.


And a layout using some Pink Paislee that I have been saving - perfect for the contest at CMK this month. I traced the chipboard swirl 2 times and covered the area with glue and glitter. These are some older photos of Em and her cousins at Silver Dollar City, enjoying the kids water area.




And I've been playing with the June kit from A Million Memories this weekend and loving it! I created 3 layouts this weekend using the kit - When I saw the color combo at CCG #124 this week and I had to scrap this photo of Em's first day at pre-school. She just started last month going a couple of days a week through the summer so I can be ready for her to go for Pre-K in the fall. It was definitely harder on me than her. But having a free morning is kind of nice, too. ;)





Well, I better get a little housework done this morning before time to pick up my girl! I'll be by to see what you have been up to soon. :)

btw- Gayle posted the new challenge at The Next Step this morning - be sure to check it out!

Lucy

15 comments:

  1. gorgeous crafting as always. love the first day lo especially. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think the link for "the next step" takes you to the wrong place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooohhhh I so love these LO's. I think I've said this before, but I do so love the fact that every one of your pages looks different. Bright colours, vintage style, negative space, any style, you rock them all!
    And I want to thank you for leaving a comment for Christina as well, she was so excited to see her work on my blog and all the comments she received. She asked me to say thank you in her name as well! And yes, she's very serious about her work, isn't that adorable?!!!
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What eye candy!!! Love all the lo but the last one has a soft spot in my heart. Danika started jr k this past September and I totally understand what you are going through. It is harder on us then them, Danika loves it. I've been lucky to go with them on school trips and it's awesome to see with her little friends. They are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally love these!
    Congrats on the pub too!

    And thanks for the hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the book tip Lucy-love your new LOs-especially the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You certainly captured the essence of summer! Too awesome! And the last layout is gorgeous! I agree with Peggy, you can rock any style! Love them all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous work as always, Lucy! Love it! That one about Em's first day of pre-school is so precious. Love the colors and the pic. :)

    ~Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are just so colorful and creative Lucy! It makes the impending summer heat seem just a little more romantic somehow! Love the "fasinating" one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your layouts are gorgeous and inspiring as always, lucy! And how exciting that em started pre-school!! I'm with you, though - I think it is harder on us then them, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  11. YUMMY....love the LO's that you completed!!! Wow the photo of the ocean and the girls is just stunning!!!! Looks like you have been very busy creating!!! Oh how I wish I could find just a little time this week to do the same!!!! Have a Terrific Tuesday and thank you so much for your wonderful comments!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love what u did with the paisleys ! So creative =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It has been a while...what a gorgeous work on your site again,wow!!!!!
    And your daughter is really pretty!!
    I love the picture on the beach(june 1) and the picture she wanted to send to her grandparents (may 14)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.