Thursday, June 18, 2009

Early Bird

The design team at A Million Memories was sponsored by Cosmo Cricket this month and we had the chance to create with the new Early Bird collection. Thank you Cosmo Cricket and AMM!! These papers can be used in so many ways and the colors are some of my faves - aqua and red and who doesn't like cherries!?!

I painted the bracket with red paint and layered some strips of the papers inside. The CC blackboard is from my stash. There is a lot of dimension in the paper strips - not sure if it really shows here.

My mom always feels like home to me. She is a good cook and these cute kitchen papers worked perfectly with the apron photo.


This is a Christmas picture of me and Em - funny how it worked with the spring feel to the papers.

I laid a scallop edge paper down over the floral background as a mask and painted over the edges. Then outlined and added some stitching.

Love this shot of the girls from their gymnastics recital. So cute!

I painted and faux stitched the yellow circles on the kraft background.


Thanks for your birthday wishes for Em! She had a great day and here is a picture of her on her new bike. Fully protected with her safety gear. She liked the knee and elbow pads as much as the bike. lol


How's your week going? It is so hot here - 99 through the weekend - and that's not counting the heat index! I'll see you soon, if I don't melt.

A Million Memories is having a sale this week!! Use code 2121 at checkout and receive 20% off your order! You should check out the gorgeous new vintage trims!! Yummmmm!!

Lucy

25 comments:

  1. Oh I love these Los And that new Early Bird is Yum, I have some just thinking on how I'm going to use it. Thank you for all of your kind comments, they mean so much coming from a true artist. Have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh.....your LO's are stunning and I am sending you my pics to create!!!! Just love all your work!!! Em looks like a real Princess on her new bike!!!! I love the one with your Mom in her apron!!!!! Smiles to you today!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your personal stamp on these CC papers Lucy !

    very inspiring ! i had a go with some red paint after admiring these layouts !

    hope Em has loads of fun in the months ahead on her bike-y !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so want to meet you and scrap a weekend away! :-) Loooove all your new stuff with the CC! I think the first one is my favorite! Gorgeous work, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so in love with AMM right now! After seeing your last DT submissions, I jumped in and am now a kit subscriber. I've been drooling over the vintage trims in the emails I've been receiving. I'm sure some will be making their way to my home in the very near future. LOL!

    Can't pick a favorite out of these awesome layouts, but if pushed, I would probably say the first one. I just sit and try to absorb all the little details. Yet, each time I look at them, I see something new. THAT is what makes your layouts so great!

    Glad Em's b-day celebration and gift were a hit! She is one beautiful little girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These layouts are amazing....LOVE all the little details involving paint! The colors are amazing and you really worked it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love what you did with all the Cosmo Cricket paper! Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, your layouts are stunning, I love your paper flowers, I really do run out of words to say on here, just awesome.
    and we got sophie a bike!!! her birthday isn't till monday coming, she's 5 and I'm dying to see her on it!
    off to check out the sale now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your new layouts hun.I am always inspired by your layering and design.TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Lucy, if I had the scrap talent that you have in your PINKY finger I would be content!
    Your pages never cease to blow me away. Between your awesome techniques and heartfelt photos, you are my scrap-idol-mentor!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous Lucy!!!!! How did you do those flowers????!!!!!! I love all of your lo's!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Look at her go on her bike! too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these pages! "The Looking up", and "Moms Cooking". All the layers and colors, you create such wonderful pages.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Lucy!! What stunning creations!! Love love your sense of colour!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lucy--thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers during my recent family situation. I meant so much to me and them.

    Love your work and hoping that looking at it will help me get my mojo back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love all of these LO's! And those flowers are so way cool! All the little details you ad are so amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love these new papers from Cosmo Cricket and you knocked these layouts out of the ballpark girl!!!
    Em is so cute on her bike, I am glad she had a wonderful birthday!

    Have a great week and send some of that sun and heat this way....we have had nothing but rain for days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so loving these! Those flowers are so darn cool!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are just BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just ordered this line. Thanks for the inspiration and ideas in using it. Love all your layouts, especially how you masked the scallop and painted.
    ~Erika

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful, beautiful layouts! So, so fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely amazing LOs. Congrats on the G45 feature. You did such awesome work there!

    ReplyDelete
  24. All your LO's are soooo beautiful, and every single one of them gives me inspiration to try something new, thanks so much for sharing!

    A little late, but Happy Birthday Em!!!! I love your new bike and all of your safety gear, you and your bike look stunning!

    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the "looking up" layout, gorgeous use of colour and the photo is so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.