Monday, May 4, 2009

Not a Normal Sunday

To start with - it isn't even Sunday....but yesterday was a day for reveals for me and then today the first technique by Beth for The Next Step! Over the next couple of weeks Gayle and I will show you our ideas using stamps as a painting guide so stay tuned and play along with us if you can! Let me say I am completely overwhelmed and so happy at the response we have had, I truly did not expect this!!



My favorite vacations have always been at the beach so I wanted to create a mixed media piece with a beachy feel. I transfered my photo onto Lutrador with gel medium and layered some gorgeous crushed hand dyed velvet as the water and embellished. There is also cheesecloth that I painted.




Scrapping the Music - my first week as a guest designer. I have always been inspired by music and love to use it as a creative start so I am excited to be there this month! The song this week is Challenge #84 - Secret Valentine. I really wanted to scrap this picture that Gayle took of Em at Michelle's wedding so I used some words from the lyrics.



You still have time to do a layout for my challenge at AMM (due by May 8) - create layout using any of the techniques taught by the DT during NSD - here is the thread. There is a great RAK up for grabs!

I've got some serious blog hopping to do - to catch up with everyone! Thanks for taking the time to visit me! See you soon!

Lucy

16 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! I love how you made an ocean out of the cloth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the ocean LO!!!! I am hopping over to STM to check it out!!! Wishing you a wonderful Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is all so fabulous! Gotta head over to The Next Step! I so wish I had time to play in all these great challenges. You are amazing and Em is SO adorable!
    ~Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh she is so sweet all shy and nervous! the next step looks so cool, you are my technique guru!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fabulous Lucy...I spy flowers...lol..I intend to lend my support and play along at The Next Step & Scrapping the Music this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are gorgeous, Ilove all the different materials you put together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely work. I just picked up some cheesecloth to add to my cards. Is cheesecloth becoming the newest mixed media frenzy?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely love both of these projects! Love the colors and combo of products!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous work Lucy! I love that beach piece!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on The Next Steps success- it looks like its going to be a fab blog!
    Love the beach LO- the fabric waves are just amazing and I love the grainy look of the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Lucy, both of these are gorgeous!!!! The pic of Em is sooo cute!

    I stopped by The next step, I am working on the 1st technique this week.

    have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sigh, love! you are so inspiring! Over to your links to check everything out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, that beach piece is stunning, lucy! And I love that gorgeous LO, too - such a beautiful photo of Em! Thanks for the link - i'll check out the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. don't know what to say, Lucy ! u just continue to inspire me !! =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous pages Lucy - love your techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow as usual....the ocean piece is so beautiful and I want to learn the transfer technique! Also the shy Emma is so touching...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.