Monday, May 18, 2009

Fabric Art Quilt and Brown Bags

Good Monday to you all! How was your weekend? Sunday was my reveal day again so I have a couple of things to share.I did a fun little 'go green' project for the AMM blog yesterday that I called Brown Bagging it and created this layout - you can see the rest of the project here.



This is my project for Creative Therapy this week. Catalyst 62- What’s a personality trait you admire/seek in others? Why? This project came due right before Mother's Day and I wanted to make something really special for my mom - and she has one of the kindest hearts of anyone I know - so this is for her - love you, Mom. :)

A small art quilt made from painted muslin, chenille, satin and trims. These are some acrylic tags that I stamped. (You can click on any of the pictures to enlarge the photos.)

Definitely shabby chic- I usually do more color - but for my mom I wanted it to be soft and sweet.


Some of my stitching.


And today is my first project on The Next Step - A Graphic Approach - my projects using stamps and paint. It's funny, as long as I have been blogging, I was so nervous about that post! It seems like here on my blog, you guys are my friends stopping by to see what I am working on but there are so many following The Next Step that I don't know it is a little bit more intimidating.

Mark took me shopping yesterday for my late birthday present - I am now the proud owner of an iPod! lol I may have been the only person left around not to have an MP3 player. Em loves it and asked if she can get one for her birthday. Hmmm...a 4 year old with an iPod?

So, in honor of the gift giving I had Em help me draw for my birthday RAK and the winner is CHELSEA!! And also I noticed some of you have The Next Step blinkie on your blog and have been chatting about us!! So LISA - email me your addresses ladies - crafty75@gmail.com.

Thanks for hanging with me today! I'll be by to visit soon! :)

Lucy

16 comments:

  1. Lucy this is one beautifully sweet project honoring your mom! She must have LOVED it! Good luck with your Next Step post. I can't wait to check it out! I'm certain is will be a mind blowing awesome project!

    Glad you got an IPOD. Just don't do as I did. I bought mine about 3 years ago. I finally downloaded/uploaded my song selections & CDs on ITunes last November and finally synced the IPOD in January. Sadly, I still haven't turned the thing on!!! lol! Goes to show you can't teach this old dog new tricks! Since your 4 yr old is in love with yours, I will assume you have it up and running. I guess I need to pull mine out tonight and break it in!

    Hope you have one fantastic Monday, my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy! WOW! Gorgeous gorgeous GORGEOUS creations you have made. Your mom, daughter and family are all so lucky to have you that can make them these beautiful projects. I bet your mom fell in love with her gift right away. I could stare at it all day finding more beauties about it. And thank you so much for the RAK! I am so excited! Thanks for drawing my name, Em ;)
    ~Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you know I am in awe of your gift for your mom.....wish I could have seen it IRL. You are so talented. I'm off to see what magic you worked with the paper bag on AMM and to see your Next Step article. I know it will be amazing but I'm off to check up on you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will so love your iPod!! No, you weren't the last person, one of my friends just got one last week. I like the whole "music in my head" thing. Kind of make singing to yourself a whole lot better! :) Gets those creative juices pumping!
    I love this piece, I am such a sucker for pom-poms!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful project for your mom, Lucy ! Love the heart !

    & Happy Belated Birthday ! o dear ! how did I miss that ? glad to hear you've gotten an ipod ( altho I am the rare few to not have one either - but o! I do have an iphone ! what am I saying ! lol )

    Fab tutorials at AMM & The Next Step ! I just bought some new BG & Chatterbox butterfly stamps - hope to be able to try the painting technique on a layout this week ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That hanging is so perfect!!!! I love the soft colors you used and all of the embellishments are stunning. I love how you used the paper bag on the other LO can't even tell what it was :) Thank you for your input on the Slice. I had a cricut and it just was too big and bulky. I never really cut anything that big anyways so I think it will be perfect. Thanks again. Have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mom must love this beautiful hanging. I really love the soft colors and the stitching!
    I got my iPod last year but I don't use it much. It was one of those things that I hankered after for a long time but when I finally got my hands on it, it immediately lost its appeal..lol...I must say though that it is a good travel companion..when my flight was delayed last year, the movies on my iPod really made the wait bearable...could be better if the batteries could last longer... Have fun with yours! Cheers, Y.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucy,

    Congrats on the high technology of the iPod--just got one in January myself. If your daughter really wants one that badly, they have mp3 players that are flash drives (just plug into the computer and drag/drop music on it) that are less than $20. My 8 and 11 year olds love theirs! Just make sure you set the rule that if Mom & Dad can hear the music--it's on too loud!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sigh!!! These are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooooo wow love the paperbag project, will check that out. and your mothers day gift is exquisite, a real treasure. love it all as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. just gorgeous. i just want to reach out and touch it! i was thinking of you, bought gesso! pls channel me so of your amazingness.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lucy this is absolutely gorgeous! Your Mom must of loved it!!!! I love the soft, feminine touch to it!!!

    I dont have an ipod either...so you are not the last girl on earth without one...it would now be me!!! LOL!! I always find something scrappy to buy whenever i have a little cash laying around...I just can't help myself!!!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lucy...this is just stunning!!! How lucky she is to have received this....I love the shabby chic feel to it!!!! Wishing you a wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your blog is beautiful, so are your creations...LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. goodness.. what a gorgeous piece for your mom! i'm sure she will treasure it forever! Happy Belated Birthday my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know that I already talked to you about this stunning art quilt but i will say it again 'it's stunning!'. Love the colors and the details you put into it. I am sure your mom will treasure it always. Such a beautiful piece :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.