Monday, May 11, 2009

Checking In

Well, what's going on this morning? I'm trying to catch-up....seems like last week was crazy - with Emma sick, then me, then Emma and now the housework is piled to the ceiling! Oh, well...I'll get to it later. Hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day! I got a sweet Cookie Monster card from my sweetie and was told 'I love you' about 20 times - a great day! So, on to scrapping news....

I have a couple of new layouts to share...this is one I did for NSD at AMM based on my sketch.

This is a funny story - journaling - When you saw your Easter basket with the garden boots, gloves and tools you were so excited! Later that day you asked me, Mom, how did the Easter bunny get me these boots? Maybe he ordered then online, you suggested' You are already a child of the internet at 3 years old.

One of the neat things about being on the AMM DT is Michelle sends us lots of manufacture products to work with besides the kit! She sent me some goodies from Heidi Swapp and Anna Griffin to play with.

I'm loving the sprinkles!


And this older photo using the Anna Griffin - I added in some yellow and fabric to the blue and red collection to punch it up a bit.


And Scrapping the Music! Challenge 84 - Son of Man by Phil Collins. This photo was taken in low light so I did a soft focus on it to try to blend it a bit and wanted a dreamy soft look to this layout.


Also, want to thank, Tara for sending some beautiful ribbons for winning her RAK on her blog! And in honor of it being my birthday, what, didn't I mention that? I am going to send out a RAK to one of the commenters on this post.

And Gayle just posted her ideas for using paint and stamps on The Next Step! She is awesome!! I think you will love her ideas! Have a great week! :)

20 comments:

  1. May I be the first to wish you a very happy birthday? Hope you do something wild and wonderful!!! Your layouts are so inspiring! I love each and everyone...pure eye candy, my dear! And The Next Step is just fab! I'm having a blast over there! I hope to play around with this month's technique this week! You guys are simply amazing! I'll be thinking about you, hoping you are celebrating in a big way! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy, these layouts are fabulous!!! I so wish I could scrap with you! Where do you live again??? lol ;)

    Oh, and it seems that Em and Haley have the same taste in clothes etc... remember they both have that heart shirt and I think Em's new boots are the boots Haley tromps around in :) Too cute!
    ~Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucy! I don't know how I skipped the part about it being your BIRTHDAY!!! I think I was just too excited to tell you how much I love your layouts!
    I hope you have a WONDERFUL day full of blessings!
    ~Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! WOoHoo :) Hope you have a good day :) Love the new LOs Love the Easter one, So bright and the contrast is beautiful.... I am really enjoyng the challenges over on The Next Step!! I hope to post a Lo over there soon. Thank You for the comment by the way :) Have a great Birthday

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  5. you seriously blow me away. i love love love the detail and the colors. thanks for lifting me up today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowee! Love every single one of these layouts. I'm heading over to AMM to see the sketch. Will be using that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lucy! Hope you are feeling better and having a fabulous birthday! Being under the weather certainly hasn't hurt your creativity at all - the layouts are fantastic!:) Thanks for the visual feast! Cheers, Y.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday sweet friend, another one of these great May babies, mine is the 13th!!!! Well.....the LO's are stunning and your talent never ceases to amaze me.!!!! I just adore the Next Step and went out today and bought Gesso!!! I am going to try a project with paint....YIKES!!!!! Just adore you and have a wonderful and special day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday Lucy! I hope you are having a great day. I'll head over and check out the Next Step. TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Lucy! Sorry to hear that you were both sick, that's no fun! Those lo are stunning! Love what your dd said about the boots, really too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhh Happy Birthday Lucy!!!! I hope your day Was so Very Special...You are quite a Special Gal. I just love your LO's and I really love that soft photo of Emma...Beautiful.
    Happy Day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you had a very happy birthday Lucy. Gorgeous layouts, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday-and glad you had a great mum's day. We had MD in the Uk in March..loving the challenge blog btw

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday Lucy! I hope you had a wonderful day! Love all your latest creations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so LOVING everyone of these LO's! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm a day late but I hope you had a fab birthday- Thanks for the "shout out" on your blog, I know you will create something wondeful with the ribbon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lucy you have been a busy lady!!!
    These are all beautiful and I am so sorry I missed your birthday!

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY FRIEND LUCY
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful pages Lucy! Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Are you getting sick of me saying 'fabulous' for all of your layouts. I don't know too many other adjectives, lol...but they are all fabulous. My fave is the first one. Love the journaling and Em is soooooooooo adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.