Sunday, May 3, 2009

AMM NSD Blog Hop & Scavenger Hunt

As part of AMM’s NSD crop we’re having a blog hop and a scavenger hunt. Here is how this will work; each one of the design team girls will have a special post for the blog hop where you will have the chance to get to know them a little bit better. Also, the end of the post there will be a clue that will lead you on a hunt through the AMM site. Be sure to check the NSD forum for complete information on the Blog Hop Challenge.


Also in the NSD forum I have a Tutorial Challenge going on - just use any of the techniques demonstrated by the design team on a layout to be entered to win a fabulous prize! You have until May 8th to enter. Here is my layout for the challenge - I used Larissa's flower technique to make the centers of my flowers - I used vellum and did double duty for the 'Backsides' contest at Webster's Pages, too!


And here is the link to my tutorial - Chipboard Ideas - there is a printable PDF at the bottom. All of the tutorials are fabulous!!

Here’s a little interview for you to get to know me better:

Why is AMM your favorite online club? ummm...besides being on the design team? ;) No, seriously, the community is wonderful and the kits are always so beautiful and versatile.

What is your favorite item in the AMM store at the moment? Sassafrass Lass Vintage Yummy Chipboard Frames
What TV show must you watch each week? American Idol and In Plain Sight

What are your 3 must have scrapbooking products/tools? Thickers, Prima Flowers, patterned paper and I am loving my border punches right now, too.

What is your guilty pleasure? Spending too much time creating, but wait, I don't really feel guilty about that!

What non-scrapbooking items do you love to use in your projects? fabric, cardboard, paint

Are you a messy scrapper or clean and tidy? extremely messy ;)

How "Out of the Traditional Box" type scrapper are you? I think pretty much out of the box - but I always think I could have gone further.

Using 6 words - how would you describe yourself? fun, loving, creative, passionate, stubborn

What motivates you daily? just life in general - the joy or sorrow, it's always changing

What is your favorite new trend? mixed media being Incorporated into scrapbooking

Are you a scrap blog hopper? Yes!

Can you share your favorite? I am in love with Steph's style and sense of color and of course,our new technique challenge blog - The Next Step!

How does your spouse, sig. other, or family, support and understand your scrapbook needs? My husband is really sweet about it, he understands my need to create and Em - well let's just say she likes to assist me. ;)

What technique or style would you like to learn, that you, yourself have not tried to date? To crochet - and there is always something you can learn from everyone - I love to share techniques!

Now, onto some scavenger hunting. Here’s a clue for you:
Which previous kit was titled “The Beauty of Color? Which month & year was it released & how many manufacturers are represented in the kit?
Be sure to check the other AMM girls blogs for more clues! They are linked on the sidebar.

8 comments:

  1. Love to know more about you, Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great LO again, I so love your style. Thanks for sharing your chipboard tutorial with us, you're a sweetie!
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited to have discovered you. Today I was directed to The Next Step, and unfortunately I can't remember how, so I can't tell you. I have spent loads of time looking over some of your tutorials and the other ladies' sites. Now I'm spending the entire rest of the evening right here going through your archives. I've got your logo on my blog already. You are what I have been waiting for. As a lover of mixed media I haven't found much time to dabble in it because my blog goes into the rubber stamp direction, but with your guidance through your new blog, I hope to rediscover mixed media and incorporate it into my cards and scrapbooking. Your three sneak peak photos have me dying to see what is in store. Thanks for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool to read more about you sweetie! Cool you're a huge AI fan too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous layout Lucy! And I loved learning more about you. Other than the fact you are way-over-my-head talented, it was great to see we have several things in common...i.e. American Idol and In Plain Sight! Love those shows! lol! And we've already concluded we are "passionate" rather than "emotional". Stubborn...I could write the book! lol! Hope you had a fantastic time scrapping this weekend!

    P.S. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the first post on The Next Step! You guys are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your work is always so wonderful, Lucy! Love all your new creations! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this piece...I think the black is so striking.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.