Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Painting Technique - Gesso

I did a little painting tutorial for the AMM blog yesterday with this layout - you can check out the details here.



I used my favorite stand by - Gesso! Gesso is my most used art supply. Loving this color combination with the Prima and Sassafrass and the windows.

I have been completely overwhelmed by the response to The Next Step!! Thank you all so much for your support and comments - I can't wait to get started on Monday with the first technique. I'll give you a hint - you'll be using paint and stamps. Hmmmm....sound interesting? ;) I noticed some of you are already spreading the word about the blog and I can't tell you how much that means to me! You can pick up a blinkie on the site if you want...you never know if I might want to do a RAK for someone. ;)

I've been busily working on some other new stuff that I will be sharing soon for NSD at AMM but that's all for now. Oh, Did you see the new Webster's blinkie!! Isn't it cute?
See you soon!

Lucy

9 comments:

  1. Hey you...this layout is absolutely stunning. Love the beautiful vibrant colors and the pic is so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First thing- you won my RAK!
    Send me an email with your address-tara717@att.net
    Second-What a darling layout!
    I'm excited for The Next Step, can't wait for the first challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning! Love it! I haven't been over here to post in a little while, but it sure was a treat to check out what you have been up to!
    ~Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited for the Next Step now ! sounds fab ! paints & stamps ! will definitely grab a blinkie !

    & your Gesso tutorial is sooo useful - I am sitting on a bottle of unopended Gesso from the Claudine Hellmuth range ...

    & the AMM NSD weekend crop sounds like THE place to be this year ! what fun !

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love ghesso! i just covered this plastic album with it and love how it turned out...i am a big afraid of painting though, lol
    that is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh, I love this! You know, I have gesso but have never used it, ack! I think i'm afraid :-) I love how you used that sass paper - now i'm inspired to dig into mine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful layout! So glad for the great response to The Next Step! I just know it will be a HUGE success! Now I'm off to grab that blinkie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Lucy...I just stated and took in all the gorgeous details to you LO~~~~ I also went to the site for tutorial...Thank you for sharing this with us!!! I want to go play with paints now!!!! Where do I get Gesso!!!! I so look forward to each of your posts!!! Have a Happy and Creative Weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous layout Lucy! Congrats on getting the new blog up and running. I can't wait for Monday. I will definately be adding your blinkie to my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.