Thursday, April 16, 2009

My Last Month with Scrapmuse

It is hard to believe that in April of last year I was asked to guest design for Scrapmuse and now a year later, I worked with my last kit as a design team member. I learned so much over the past year and really appreciate the opportunity from Traci - bringing me on as an unknown artist and encouraging me! (Not that I am so famous now) lol


So here you go! My work with the April kit.....you can see the article on burlap and the other design teams work here.

Look at what a little cutie Mark was! I love these Pink Paislee papers with the black and white photo.

I used this one also for Creative Therapy - the challenge was what makes you laugh. That one wasn't hard. ;) Em loves to tell riddles and jokes and I journaled her faves around the edges. This photo makes me smile every time I see it. And look at the gorgeous Fancy Pants here!!



And Mark and Em's garden - Love that Tim Holtz fence mask. I free-motion stitched the little flower stems and leaves.


Traci sent me this wooden frame to alter - I made a burlap flower and added some crackle paint. The barb-wire is the reverse of the TH mask.

This month we all did a layout about ourselves. I was inspired by the stitched look paper that Sassafrass has out and layered burlap over my background and did some layered vertical stitching.


So, thank you Scrapmuse for a great year!!

14 comments:

  1. Lucy, your work is so inspiring to me. You blow me away with your creativity! I've always wondered how a creative mind works...do thoughts of paper, glue and other goodies roam through your head all day and dance freely as you sleep? See, I wouldn't know, because I have as much creativity as a turnip truck...lol! Seriously, I adore seeing your projects. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy, you have done amazing work with that kit. I had to LOL at your last lo, I'm currently doing a lo about me and it has two small pictures, just like your los. Funny coincedence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous layouts Lucy! Love that Fancy Pants!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure that is hard seeing a term come to end, but you've done amazing work for them so you should be very proud!! Gorgeous work again, girl! I love what you did with all that burlap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!!!! I love them all, please don't ask me to pick a favorite. Each and every page of yours looks different, your creativity seems to be endless! Your such an inspiration to me, I just love your work. And btw, if you're not famous yet, you ought to be!
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, Lucy! I love your journaling on the Grow page and that altered mirror is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think Emma looks so much like her Daddy !!!! it's like a spitting image to me ! ;-)

    Fabulous work all here ! Love the burlap flower ideas ! !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Lucy, you always make me smile with your wonderful creations!!!! I just adore all the detail work and elements of each LO!!!! When I grow up I want to be just like you :))))))!!! Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful weekend with your beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. stunning stunning and stunningwork as always, I have something for you on my blog. xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are all so fabulous but I have to say that the first one is my fave out of the bunch and I love all the orange being used in these.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.