Monday, March 16, 2009

Creative Therapy and Scrapmuse

This weekend Em and I were in a friend's wedding and I have been crazy busy!!! Just wanted to give a quick update. I've got some great photos to edit and scrap! I just saw that my layout - You're Everything is in the Hall of Fame at Scrapping the Music!! Yay! And I got the Catwalk with my fiber art piece last week, too!

This is quite possibly my most favorite piece of art that I have made:

First the rest of my work with the March kit from Scrapmuse. I wrote a technique article on how I make my painted collage backgrounds - like the one here:

And a photo that I love that I scanned from my mom's pictures. Me and one of my brothers and my sister.


Living in Florida we rarely, if ever see snow, but all winter, Emma kept asking if it would snow today. ;)

And Creative Therapy - Catalyst 53 is up! Create a piece of art around a memory or occasion that has no photos. This is what I made Michelle for her wedding gift. Inspired by Kelly Rae Roberts and the other artists in her book. It is a paper collage on a wooden base with acrylic paint and covered in bees wax.



I sketched the girls in with pencil first and then painted with acrylics.

Stop by and see the other artists take on the challenge! I promise you will be inspired! Well I am off to visit blogs and see what you all have been up to! :) See you soon!
Lucy

15 comments:

  1. Your painting is fantastic. Love the layouts and how you do the backgrounds. Your one gifted lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I seriously need to pick my jaw up off the floor! Wow!! That collage is AMAZING, lucy!! I'm sure michelle absolutely loves it! I feel like I am "just" a scrapbooker, but you, my friend, are truly an artist!! I love the layouts, too! Poor em in the so sad one! Once again, I just wanted to tell you how nice it was to chat with you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lucy!!! Your painting blows me away! You truly are amazing! congrats on the catwalk girl! Em is so adorable in those pictures, I would love to send her some snow! Ours is just starting to go away with the past two 60 degree days we had...
    Have a great week my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, you are so talented! An artist, really!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my ! what an awesome wedding gift for you friend surely , Lucy ! Wonderful to see more of your mixed media work !

    & congrats on getting into the Hall of Fame at STM ! no surprised there ! lol

    I love how you worked the Mar Scrapmuse kit with pics of Emma !

    I haven't thought of how to use those papers yet ! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous work Lucy, love the "Kelly" piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have the best ARTSY kind of elements in your work! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG it's not fair how talented you are!! the painting is stunning, what a wowser wedding present for anyone, I'm sure it will be treasured. I have Kelly Rea's book and have never looked at it....will do now though!
    the layouts are fab as always, aaaaawwwwwww the so sad one is too cute. fantastic inspiring art as always Lucy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What wonderful pieces Lucy. I love the layering of materials that you do. Such an inspiration! TFS! Amy Tara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lucy, you are amazing! I love the layouts of Em. The details are gorgeous and Em is just too cute!
    ~Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness... I was stunned by the beautiful art work... love the friendship art piece..... LUCY, you are soooooo talented!

    ReplyDelete
  12. After looking at your beautiful work Lucy, I have taken a whole new feeling for Art Journaling. I love what you have done and your little Em is such a perfect subject. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What loveliness! I love that piece too. And your Los are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Remember me saying I wanted to do a painting for my daughter? This is exactly the kind of thing I want to attempt--as I saw by the lady you just mentioned. I want her book so bad. This painting is awesome. You are sooooooooooo talented. You are very lucky to be blessed with such talent. I might have it in me, but I'm always afraid to try.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.